cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying location of new accounts in Chart of Accounts with DTW in SAP Business One 9.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client that will be doing a DTW import into the Chart of Accounts for numerous accounts.  Is there a way to specify the order of the accounts within the Chart of Accounts so the client doesn't have to manually move every account after the import takes place?  For instance, all newly-imported Asset accounts will appear at the bottom of the Asset drawer in the CoA.  I want to be able to specify where the new Asset account should be placed in the CoA in relation to the other accounts already defined in the CoA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello:

When running a query for the OACT table, the Group Mask and Group Line define the specific location. Unfortunately in DTW you don't have these fields available for update neither at the API. Is there a way to make it happen using these fields???

Customer has 21 companies with approx.. 3000 accounts each. Manually would take weeks to get it done.

Any news about this topic?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristin,

Let suppose your ' Operating Account ' account code is 1000001 and 'Petty Cash Account' account code is 1000002 and now you want "Painting Reserve Account" in between 1000001 and 100002, to do so try by using DTW Template and put FatherNum as 1000001 for "Painting Reserve Account" and use account code as 10000002 for "Painting Reserve Account" .

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhushan Verma- have you ever done that successfully?  It appears that the FatherNum field can only reference a title account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ellen- I had not tried yet but i am just giving  a hit and trial option for the requirement and yes i know that FatherNum field is for ref to title account only.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.  Were you able to find a resolution to this?  My client is having the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serena,

As stated above i had tried my solution to add the COA under the active account via DTW but it is not feasible to do so.

As a workaround i had created a title account in between two existing active account and then had tried to update the account via DTW,and this time system does allowed me to add the account , but this is not the correct way to do the activity so i suggest you to go with the normal process of addition of accounts thru dtw, and then re-arrange it with the help of Edit of chart of accounts.

@Ellen: Please find my above words, and thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies.  I have already imported the Chart of Accounts.  My question is how to add additional accounts the client sent over later but place them in a certain order within the predefined chart of accounts. 

For example, the client realized they needed us to add a bank account titled "Painting Reserve Account".  I have an Operating Account and a Petty Cash Account and I want this new "Painting Reserve Account" to be placed between the pre-existing Operating Account and Petty Cash Account.  I am trying to find a way to do this within the DTW import instead of having to move the account in the "Edit Chart of Accounts" after the import. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristin,

You can refer demo database and also sample template available under Data transfer folder under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Samples\1. Add New Data\Financials\Chart of Accounts

For coding as ask your client how they want to use.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link, you may get some idea.

SAP Business One ...To Go - 10. Data Transfer Workbench - Business One - SCN Wiki

Thanks.