cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA-DMS document used as MAP in Inspection Characteristic of Routing operation (IA02)

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I'm working on Equipment calibration process.

I've a lot of Equipment of Qualitative Inspection characteristic where the Instructions are wrote on a CA-DMS Document.

I can assign to any Inspection char the document as a MAP. It's very helpful because used can view directly the document by a click in QE51N transaction during Calbration execution.

When I create the Docuemnt as Map the system, ask to specify the version of the document.

Later If i update the document by creating a new version, the version is not updated automatically into the MAP so the users during Calibration can view only the assigned old version.

Is there the way to update automatically the version linked, like for Materials, Equipments using the customizing ?? (See picture)

Thanks for your help

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto DC10 select doc type & click object link (assign the required version) refer attached screenshot.

thanks

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This is to link the Equipment and DMS document, but it's not relevant in my scenario.

Thx for your suggestion.

Claudio

0 Kudos

As I know there is no standard program to update newer version

But while creation and updating version, you can check in CV02/3 in the where used list

Logically , how the system can take the attached word document remove the old attachment in the

object and replace it with new?

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I try to explain better my issue.

I defined a document as MAP into a qualitative Inspection belonging to a Equipment routing.

when i create the MAp the document linked has version 00.

After few time the document is updated with a new version 01. I need to update automatically the MAP created in version  00 with the new version 01, to permit to the users to see always the last updated version. This is possible  by customizing (see pic in my 1st post), for  many linked-object (Equipment, materials etc,). Unfortunately in customizing this feature is not available for Inspection chars MAP, so I need to find a solution to provide this automatic updating.

Thx foe help.

Claudio

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking for object link for inspection method instead of equipment? If so then it is available in customization i.e. QMTBDOC. May be you can customize the new document type for inspection method (say Z01) with this. So in CV01N when you create new document you can always link the appropriate inspection method to it and vice versa.

I am not sure I have followed your requirement correctly here. How you update the document in DMS? Do you create newer one using CV01N or in the same existing document you attach another new file? If you create newer one then system automatically creates new version. But again to appear this against to that object link you should somewhere specify that this new document belongs to this object link. Explore if status management can serve any purpose here.

So in point of view you have to assign the object link again manually to this document with newer version to reflect the latest one. Let me also try and explore more on this!

Anand

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'd like use Equipment instead Inspection method. Anyway your suggestion can be a good solution if i don't find any other solution. I've found few istruction to create a Customer object link, but I've to check my Abap-expert to understand if if possible develop the feature.

Adding Other Objects - Document Management - SAP Library

Any other idea using a Exit or a Badi ?

Regards

Claudio

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

I've tried to use Inspection methos as suggested, so I've linked my DMS-Doc to the Object link QMTBDOC using screen 1254 as suggested.

Now there's a link  between Inspection method and Document, but I can't display directly the document when I collect inpsection chars using QE51N transaction.

If I click, on the Inspection method push-button (see picture), I can see only the long-text managed with QS32/33 transaction but not the original document stored on DMS.

Any idea to provide this feature ?

Thx for help.

Claudio

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right! While exploring I found this link

Documents in the Inspection Method - Release notes 46A - SAP Library

Now if we concentrate on the below sentences mentioned in the link they say that you can not display it directly without branching.

If such an inspection method is referenced in a task list, you can display the document assignment by branching to display the inspection method and then branching to the document assignment. You cannot display the document assignment directly without branching to the inspection method. The same applies if you want to display documents in results recording

I also am pondering righthnow on the topic as I could not understand what is branching? But I am sure there must be some logic to decode this and if SAP has designed special object link for inspection method there should be something!

I am still exploring more on this and will get back to you if I come to some fruitful conclusion.

Anand

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm thinking to add a push-button on QE51n sceen where the results are collected to link directly the DMS original document if an inspection method has been defined for the Inspection char.

Do you thin k is possible using a badi/exit ?

Regards

Claudio

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's good idea! I remember once I had developed a similar functionality but for MIGO wherein we had added extra tab in MIGO transaction for DMS document. Customer wanted link few documents to MIGO and SAP has not provided standard object link for MIGO. And through that tab CV03N transaction was called. It worked perfectly fine. But I have no no idea at the moment if the same can be replicated to QE51N as the tab addition or push button addition feasibility differs screen to screen. If your ABAP consultants says it could be done then you would be close to the solution what you are looking at.

Anand

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos