Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size Caliculation in QM lot

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Iam Facing a issue with Sample size caliculation in inspection Lot.

the Sample size is 0 in the inspection lot still we maintained fixed Sample size to 1.

In the Inspection Plan:

I have checked in the inspection Characterstic and see the Sample Base quantity is 1.

We are maintaining Fixed Sampling type in Sampling Procedure.

The Inspection Lot is generated when doing GR to purchase order.

The quantity in the purchase order is 6

note: The same Sampling procedure works fine with other batch of different material.

please let me know why it is caliculating Sample size to 0. we need that to be 1.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this:

- If you set 'Optional Characteristics' in the task list, it would lead to zero as standard behavior, please go to 'Control indicators' of the characteristis in task list to check it.

- When the system looks for the reference operation set, if can't, no characteristicses and sample size will be set. Set valid one for refercence.

- The 'valid from' date should also be ealier than the key date of inspection lot.

- If the inspection uses "freely defined inspection points" (check sampling procedure in the task list), you

define this points these have to be named prior to their creation.

- If there is any conversion of UoM, this can leads to the sample size 0, if it is not correctly calculated.

Best regards,

Natália

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the replay, I see that optional Charasteric is set in Contral indicators, I think it should be selected Required Characterstic, Right

Can you please let me know where and how to change this control Indicators.

Thanks in advance

regards

Ashwin

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the control indicators for the particular MIC in the inspection plan in change mode through QP02  or Change the particular MIC control indicators through QS23 if it is a reference characteristic....

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (0)