cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_AAE Receiver Adapter - SSL - How it works?

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

requirement is for sending PO data from Non-SAP system to Ariba, I am using HTTP_AAE Receiver adapter to connect to Ariba using Message protocol POST.

Following is the configuration used,

Adpater Type: HTTP_AAE

Type: Receiver

Transport Protocol: HTTP 1.1

Message Protocol: POST

Adapter Engine: Central Adapter Engine

General:

Addressing Mode: URL address

Target Host: service.ariba.com

Target Port: 443

Path: /service/transaction/cxml.asp

Security and Authentication:

Use SSL - Check box selected

Specify Client Certificate: Check Box Selected (only able to select the Private Key from the keystore and not the client certificate imported)

My understanding of Certificate hand shake is that Receiver Public key is imported in Sender system and sent over message which is accepted using Private Key of the Receiver but in my case I am unable to see the Public Key imported (under TrustedCAs) from receiver but only the Sender system Private key.

Also just want to mention that I have downloaded public key from the browser (view Certificate) : https://service.ariba.com/service/transaction/cxml.asp

Please help to understand following questions,

1. Difference between just selecting Use SSL check box and also selecting Client Certificate?

2. Only selecting Use SSL will help Receiver accept the message securely?

3. What setting needs to be done to select Ariba public certificate as I am unable to see the Ariba client certificate but only the Private keys.

Best Regards,

Nitin Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any inputs will be of great help, please reply.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

To answer your questions please see the comment respectively

1. 1. You cannot select public key certificate as its not required to do so, as at run time communication channel look for all the respective public client certificate in keystore view when the receiver communication channel try to connect to the mentioned https URL in channel. Please install xpi_inspector and run the example 11 to get the better idea regarding this.
  2. 2. Its depends on the third party server that how their server authenticate the incoming request, as to connect few HTTPS server you just need to import their public certificate in "TrustedCas". However, some server requires you to generate the CSR in PI(this will be private key after getting signed by CA and will imported under imported entry->PKCS#12 key pair) and then select "Use SSL check box" to select the private key.
  3. 3. You just need to import the Ariba public client certificate under "TrustedCas", you don't need to select public client certificate.

I have worked on Ariba integration with SAP but not with non-SAP, they have developed Ariba network adapter to connect with Ariba network, please coordinate with Ariba consultant he will provide you the integration guide for this.

If still you are facing any issue please let me know.

Thanks,

Farhan

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for your help.

Now we are able to connect using SSL, we have selected just the Use SSL check box and Public key for Ariba is installed in "Trusted CAs".

Few more clarification is required as below.

1. How it works for the incoming request for Ariba, as we have not shared any Public key from our side and what we have is only Public Key of Ariba in Trusted CAs. Please let me know at runtime how it works out.

2. For Incoming request from Ariba using HTTP_AAE - POST (Sender Adapter), what is the format of URL we need to provide Ariba in order to connect to our PI system, can you please provide any example.

3. Also for HTTP_AAE - POST (Sender Adapter) do we need to configure anything on our side for using SSL connection

Thanks again for taking out time and clarifying the doubts and providing your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I believe HTTP_AAE will not serve your purpose to in integrate with Ariba network, I will suggest you to use the custom developed adapter by Ariba. Please see the below screenshot where Ariba custom adapter has been used to connect with Ariba network, where you need to provide the credentials of AN such AN ID, shared secret cXML version etc. at adapter level only.

To connect your non-SAP system please provide me more details about that system so I will be able suggest you to what adapter you can use.

Thanks,

Farhan

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for the suggestion with screenshot, as this is what we have also suggested to the client but they wanted to do it through existing middleware capabilities.

We are able to connect to Ariba for outgoing messages and sending Credentials, AN ID and Shared secret in cXML through mapping.

Now we need information on Incoming messages, could you please provide your guidance on the questions in my last reply.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan/PI experts,

We are able to proceed little further on Incoming request from Ariba to SAP PI and need some clarification/inputs for the following questions.

We have to work on configuration for Inbound OC - Order Confirmation and ASN - Advance Ship Notice Interface.

Currently Order Confirmation configuration is done using HTTP_AAE Sender adapter through Web Dispatcher for secure connection and in Ariba CXML configuration following specific POST URL for OC is configured.

https://<host>:<port>/<path>?<query-string>

where,

• path=/HttpAdapter/HttpMessageServlet
  • query-string= ?interfaceNamespace=<interfaceNamespace> &interface=<interface> &senderService=<senderService> &senderParty=<senderParty> &receiverParty=<receiverParty> & receiverService=<receiverService> &qos=<qos> & queueid=<queueid> &msgguid=<msgguid> &j_username=<username> &j_password=<password>

1. When above URL is put into Ariba POST configuration we are able to connect to SAP PI but this is for OC and it will not work for ASN.

As per the Ariba documentation we need to provide "Profile URL for SAP PI" in order to work for all inbound interfaces from Ariba to PI.

I search over the net but I did not found what I need to enter as Profile URL for SAP PI.

• Please help me find out Profile URL
  • how this Profile URL will work and identify which Interface it need to choose OC or ASN
  • also in order to connect to PI/Web-dispatcher we need to provide credentials, how it will work in case when we provide Profile URL in Ariba as there is no provision to enter User credentials
  • Is there any other way to connect using HTTP_AAE from Ariba?
  • clarification/confirmation required as we will be connecting from Ariba through dispatcher, it will be secured connection and we need to provide public key to Ariba in order to connect

Please help me on the above queries, appreciate your help.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

I am exploring similar option of using HTTP_AAE adapter to send and receive messages from Ariba as Supplier. does HTTP_AAE adapter work successfully with ariba ? Have you finally got it working. Please let me know if using HTTP_AAE adapter with Ariba is good option and it works.

Thanks very much in advance.
Kumar

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Kumar, it is working...both HTTP_AAE and SOAP adapter works fine for Ariba integration.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Can you share your steps for setting this up..... maybe a blog ..

Thanks

varun_kasireddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I am also working an a similar requirement where I need to upload zipfile to Ariba form.

Can it be achieved using HTTP_AAE Receiver adapter. can you pls provide ur inputs here.

Thanks,

Varun