Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML editor issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using XML editor CL_GUI_XML_EDITOR to display XML data but since EHP6, method Refresh_toolbar has been changed and

below check makes code dump at run time. This check was not in earlier version. At run time parameter params is not filled and gives an error.

*Icon for auto-parameterization

IF me->params->container->object_type = cl_apl_ecatt_const=>obj_type_ecatt . " Auto-parameterization only for

I checked where used list programs of this editor too.I am not using  CL_XML_DOCUMENT to display. Did anyone faced similar issue using CL_GUI_XML_EDITOR class recently?

Regards

Mohinder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sloppy work from Standard SAP developer. Developer might have only tested with ECATT related application where CL_GUI_XML_EDITOR is used and would have worked without issue.

Developer should check if the object is bound before using the attribute of the object to avoid this situation. Raise OSS message to SAP to obtain the correction.

Regards,
Naimesh Patel

1 REPLY 1

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sloppy work from Standard SAP developer. Developer might have only tested with ECATT related application where CL_GUI_XML_EDITOR is used and would have worked without issue.

Developer should check if the object is bound before using the attribute of the object to avoid this situation. Raise OSS message to SAP to obtain the correction.

Regards,
Naimesh Patel