cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSFS Master key

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently received advisory to change the default master key as part of security measure.

I have a quick question on this.

The command listed for the change is as below

RSEC_SSFS_DATAPATH=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/security/ssfs RSEC_SSFS_KEYPATH=<path to key file> rsecssfx changekey <paste the new key from step 2 here>

Does the value to this path(RSEC_SSFS_KEYPATH) come from hdbuserstore key location, which is a file SSFS_HDB.DAT

Also RSEC_SSFS_DATAPATH seem to imply the file SSFS_SID.DAT(SID = HANA DB SID) residing in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/security/ssfs. Is my understanding correct ?

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyana,

Today only I got the chance to configure this.

RSEC_SSFS_DATAPATH=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/security/ssfs  , this path is correct. Keep it as it is.

RSEC_SSFS_KEYPATH=<path to key file> rsecssfx changekey <paste the new key from step 2 here>

<path to key file>, this can be any path, but it should be secured. Only sidadm user of hana database should have rw access to key file.. I kept the path as /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/security/ssfs .

The command will generate a key file SSFS_<SID>.KEY . Just make sure that only sidadm have access to read,write to this file (-rw-------) .

Then maintain the parameter in the global.ini and restart the system.

[cryptography]

ssfs_key_file_path = <path to key file>

Thanks

Amit

bernd_maier2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

SAP Note 2183624 should provide all required background information.

Regards,

Bernd

axel_rehe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We do have the same issue.

What is the correct value for <path to key file>?

Best regards, Axel