cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SU Management with Putaway Strategy 'I' (Addition to Existing Stock)

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a storage type '005' with following configuration for Putaway Strategy:

SU Mgmt : 'Active'

Putaway Strategy = 'I' (Addition to existing Stock)

Capacity Check method : '1' (Check According to Maximum Weight)

Active Capacity check = 'Active'

SUT check Active = 'Active'

Mixed Storage = 'Blank' (Since I can't use 'A' or 'X' in Putaway strategy as 'I')

Addition to 'Stock' = 'X'

In Material Master Warehouse View, I have 'Add to existing stock' checked.

I have five Bins in that Storage Type i.e. B01 to  B05 each having maximum weight of 1000 KG. All of my pallets are weighing 50KG each.

And I have 10 pallets to putaway.

However, when I start creating TO in background (via transaction LT10) to perform a Bin to Bin transfer from Storage Type 902 (Interim area after GR), I see only TO is created for first Pallet. For the rest of the pallets, SAP throws me an error "Storage Type 005 doesn't allow mixed Storage".

I understand this is because the value in 'Mixed Storage' is blank. However, I can not select any other value (like 'A' or 'X') in Storage type configuration due to the error that they are not applicable for Putaway Strategy 'I'.

Moreover, if I use T.code LT0J and manually put Storage Type as '005' with Bin 'B01' in the TO creation screen, system accepts the data.

My Requirement is - SAP should propose all pallets to go to bin 'B01' until it finds the Bin Capacity exceeds. What should I do for it ?

P.S. - I have tried with Putaway Strategy 'L' (Next Empty Bin) with 'Mixed Storage = 'A' and keeping other settings as it is. In that case SAP proposes all the 5 Bins one after another (one Bin for one pallet pattern), and thereafter, doesn't come back to first Bin but stops with error  since it can't find any Bins further.

What extra setting should I do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strategy 'L' (Next Empty Bin) with Mixed storage cannot be right at all. If you have stock in a bin then you the bin is not empty hence it will never be proposed. And if the bin is empty, then you do not need mixed storage at all, except you putaway manually by ignoring the strategy.

You have not mentioned the reason why SAP thinks that you need to allow mixed storage. What is different from pallet to pallet? It is probably the SU number, and this is actually requiring mixed storage as X to be stored together in one bin. See KBA 1816914 - Error L3 217 is issued when creating a TO for putaway

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the response.

However, the putaway startegy 'I' doesn't allow the Mixed Storage value to be 'X'.

Further to your query - the putaway materials and batches are same and only difference is the SU number.

I still don't know why I can't store multiple SU in the same Bin when my putaway strategy is  'Allow to existing stock' and I have also marked material master as 'Addition To stock' in Warehouse view.

It seems like I need to test with debugging mode on, to find why it's getting stuck.

Thanks,

Amit

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, the putaway startegy 'I' doesn't allow the Mixed Storage value to be 'X'.    

Have you tested it? Do you get an error message?

I mean if the KBA explains that you have to do it, then it either has to work or SAP has to rework the KBA. (I know that in the docu it is said that addition to stock should not have mixed storage)

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I left it being hopeless and with the conclusion, that if the Putaway Strategy is 'I' (addition to existing stock) and if you are handling Stock in SU (or HU, in case of HU managed warehouse), then it's not possible to putaway multiple SU into the same Bin (via capacity checking method).

The scenario will only work if you add up Quantity of same material into a single SU which is pre-placed on the Bin already. Because in these cases SAP allows only single quant in the Bin

Mixed Storage 'A' or 'X' can not be selected in SPRO configuration, when defining storage type, and furthermore if your warehouse is SU Managed.

However, thanks for your interest and trying to help me out.

Cheers,

Amit

Answers (0)