cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error: 'class' or 'interface' expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have lot of User Defined Functions. I am getting following error when I do check(F7) in my message mapping:

/usr/sap/DX1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map0fefb460eafb11dbb69d0016353e12f8/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MT_DELVRY03_TO_MT_DeliveryNote_WMS_.java:618: 'class' or 'interface' expected

public String <b>UDF_Filler</b>$(String Blanks,Container container){

^

/usr/sap/DX1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map0fefb460eafb11dbb69d0016353e12f8/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MT_DELVRY03_TO_MT_DeliveryNote_WMS_.java:682: 'class' or 'interface' expected

}

^

/usr/sap/DX1/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map0fefb460eafb11dbb69d0016353e12f8/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MT_DELVRY03_TO_MT_DeliveryNote_WMS_.java:683: 'class' or 'interface' expected

^

3 errors

When I delete <b>UDF_Filler</b> I get the above 3 error messages for next UDF. I deleted that also...it gives same above 3 errors for the nest UDF. Then I realized the it not the problem with UDF.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for this error or how to resolve this??

Thx

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

This error has come due to error in tour java code in UDF.Some how "}" is missing.Please check your code in NWDS.

Cheers!

Samarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

This error could be a result of a syntax error in your code - a missing brace/semicolon etc. Syntax errors sometimes manifest as these kind of error messages.

My suggestion would be to copy the UDF code to the NWDS IDE[or any other IDE] and check for syntactic errors.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navin,

Just check whether you are using this UDF for any other field in the mapping. Also check the field where you have used this UDF, because you might have deleted the function but still you might be using it for the field. So my suggestion is whereever you have used this UDF just disable that field by right click and check once again.

I am sure it is somewhere problem with the UDF only.

---Satish