cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo in viewer

0 Kudos

Hello;

We managed to compile the stereo plugin for the viewer provided in the SDK (SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Core SDK 8.0\GraphicsCore\stereo).

We then tested under SAP Viewer on a workstation with an NVidia 3D Vision 2, quadro 5000, ASUS 3D screen, Windows 7 64 bits and DirectX11.

It works rather fine when using the OpenGL render engine in quad-buffer mode.

We can't get it to work under DirectX render engine. When selecting 3D vision options we have a warning message "3D vision is not implemented in this build" (see attached capture).

After some search we found that this message comes from drvDX9.x3d. When editing this file simply in wordpad we can see all stereo modes are described except the 3D Vision.

Would there be a way to implement 3D Vision in drvDX9.x3d ?

Next step is to get it working in Author.

Thanks for help and advices.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel!

3D Vision was implemented in drvDX9.x3d for some time, but we had to pull it out due to licensing issues with NVidia SDK and also because we could not properly test it (we only had one stereo monitor).

In order to have 3D Vision working, drvdx9.x3d would need to be compiled with NVidia SDK again. Technically there should not be anything problematic with it.

However I'm not sure how to achieve it process-wise:

drvdx9.x3d is an internal plugin, we're not planning to provide source code for it or make custom builds (standard build without NVision and custom build with NVision).

If we're going to have NVidia support in official build, then it may take awhile until our next official release and I'm not sure how we're going to test it (as we don't have any stereo monitors now).

Please talk to the product owners on how to accomplish this task.

Thank you

Dmitriy

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry;

OK i do understand those reasons.

NVidia SDK : OK this is commercial talkings between SAP and NVidia so might take some time (and money)

Source code : it's logic you wont give the code of the plugin to customers and i'm not asking for it.

Customized or standard function : well in my opinion this should be a standard function

Only one 3D monitor : well buy some it's not that much expensive nowadays. For testing i can help you.

Product owner : is it Vladimir ? I can contact him.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please contact Vladimir.

Answers (0)