cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB DBMCLI Backup Commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to schedule a Backup for our MaxDB instance. Since i do not see any options to configure backups via GUI, i am looking for command line scripts that i can schedule to run via Windows Scheduler.

I checked few posts and Wikis but nothing is clear with respect to backup scheduling via CLI.

Can anyone help/post commands that i can use for our MaxDB backup scheduling.

Any advise on resolving the backup scheduling would be great.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi,

I checked below command:

C:\sapdb>G:\sapdb\SDB\db\pgm\dbmcli -d SDB -u control,password -uUTL -c backup_start Full_Backup

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: SQL error

-903,Host file I/O error

3,Data backup failed

113,Open medium on \\HOST\Backup_MaxDB\Backup\SDB for WRITE failed

Servertask Info: because Error in backup task occured

Job 1 (Backup / Restore Medium Task) [executing] WaitingT25 Result=3700

Error in backup task occured, Error code 3700 "hostfile_error"

1,Open file \\HOST\Backup_MaxDB\Backup\SDB failed, CreateFile(WRITE,CR

EATE) returned 'Access is denied. ' (5)

Checked to see that the network path exists and permissions available to CREATE/WRITE on the path.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Naga

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

By default we cannot schedule backup for maxdb with dbmcli or gui tools.
However we can schedule backup for maxdb via dbacockpit, or os script to call dbmcli.

The command failed with "Access is denied" , please check the user who runs maxdb service has permission to the directory \\HOST\Backup_MaxDB\Backup.

Best regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response James!

Since the services for MaxDB were running on Local system user, unable to access the path. So used a different path on the Template and Backup is now successful.

Can i create a Batch file with above command and Schedule in Windows Scheduler to run the Batch file as desired? Or is there more to do than that? I want to achieve automatic backup schedules for MaxDB.

Naga

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Of course you can create batch file to call the command, then let the windows scheduler to call the batch file. Please go ahead for the testing.

Or you can find a solution manager system to let the dbacockpit of solution manager to operate the
remote database. Then you can use dbacockpit to schedule the job like the db13 you do in your normal database. Do you know dbacockpit of an SAP system?

Best regards,
James