cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-house & job wrk process need to capture in single code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is one Scenario , we producing some sheet metal component in-house, due to capacity overload we r sending ROH for job work (subcon) also,

so my quire is what r the views to be maintain in material master to capture in single material code.

regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

In addition to rohit's reply maintain procurement type as X in MRP 2 view and When MRP is carried out system will generate Planned order for this..Now based on the scenario (in house production or external ) you can convert to production order or purchase requisition...

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Kumar sir,

I tested this by putting X in procurement type in MPR 2 view, but it will generate Plnd order only,purchase requisition won't take place,how i intimate purchase to raise PO for Job work parts.       

regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

While running MRP (MD02) set the control indicator "create purchase requisition" to "1". It would ensure that PRs are created for your requirement.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rohit,

Thanks,its working.

Regards,

Bharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here you are sending the ROH material to do the same job as like you in house .So when ever you will create Production Order  with an external operation subcontracting option in Routing , it will generate the PR  in the same Production Order -Operation view -External Processing Tab .

To achieve the Sub-contracting you need to do the following setup as per this doc

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49346

Hope it helps .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

You need to have Basic view, MRP & Purchasing, Costing and Accouting views atleast. 

If you have WM and QM management activated and those views need to be maintained. It is more related to what all business processes you want to carry out for this material.

Regards,

Rohit