Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DYNPRO FOR JAVA WITH RFC

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

Finally, after of very much fight, I can create, implemented and deploy the WD of example WebDynpro_FlightList, that use the bapi BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST, extracting info from R/3.

Now, I want do it others WD, with bapis, but, with business information: warehouse stocks of materials, open items of customers, , sales order,.....

Can somebody to have a single example of other application for to share experiencies and knowledge ??

Thank you and regards

Dario Rodriguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hernan,

The procedureto to call BAPIs/RFC Enabled FM via RFC model is same.

Please go through this blog for Material Creation,

/people/ramganesan.karuppaiah/blog/2006/12/14/material-creation-bapi-access-in-webdynprojava

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As all posts to this thread have mentioned, the procedure for using BAPI's or any FM is the same. Suggesting you look for example would be giving you a list of RFC to be used. But giving such a list does not really help much until you know the exact functionality in such RFC's. To know the functiobnality you keep a little bit of hands on ABAP programming and you must be sitting close toa specific functionl consultant to explain the business logic. A goog way to start would be to use RFC/BAPI for CRUD (create / update / delete ) operations for an order".

Cheers!!!

Sukanta Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hernan,

The BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST is a very good example to learn how to call R/3 RFCs in WD. This BAPI only reads the flight table from r/3 systems but doesnt write or update any databse table.

I guess you are now interested in hitting the databse and updating a table there?

Here's the list of some other BAPIs that you can use ( related to flights n details only).

1. <b>BAPI_FLBOOKING_CREATEFROMDATA </b> - Creates a new booking for a flight.

when you use any BAPI that updates or adds to the existing tables in R/3 the you have to use following BAPIs also :

1. <b>BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT </b> - Executes a COMMIT WORK and actually

writes the data sent by WD to the databse table.

2. <b>BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK </b> - Executes a ROLLBACK WORK.

Prevents the changes from geting reflected in the databse table if bapi_transaction_rollback is not called.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have done it in BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST ,, then creating model for any other FM is also same.

1) Decide the FM

2)Create model, mention that as a used model in component

3)provide its proper import parameter and execute

please go ahead and let me kno if you find something difficult

hope it helps

regards