SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How send connection parameters to ReX using Afaria

former_member102340
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Guys

I'm trying to deliver the connection parameters to SAP ReX App for iOS and Android devices.

I'm using the following syntax in plain text and .txt file.

CONNECT_SERVER_PROP_ID:

CONNECT_PORT_PROP_ID:443

CONNECT_FARMID_PROP_ID:

CONNECT_URLPREFIX_PROP_ID:

CONNECT_SECURITY_CONFIGURATION_ID:

CONNECT_PROTOCOL:yes

My question here is.

The public versions (iTunes, Google Play) of REX App supports the functionality? or it is required the signed versions (iOS, Android) to support it?

If is required the signed version:

- For iOS I know that the customer can ask to SAP the .ipa and sing it with their Apple Developer certificates  ------- Tested and works with the iTunes REX 3.3 after some adjustments.

- For Android, where can I found the .apk and what is the process to sing the App? ---------- The version from Google Play Store SAP Retail Execution 3.3.2 does not work with the same configuration script.

Currently I'm using the public versions but doesn't work, I'm receiving the error attached (Android), on iOS nothing happened.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Android side you can use the same afaria apk which you are using now. Kindly make sure you are following below steps.

1) .txt file name should be "AfariaConfig.txt"

2) If you are placing file in sdCard then path should be "SDCard Root/Download/AfariaConfig.txt"

3) If you are placing file in phone memory then path should be "/Download/AfariaConfig.txt"

4) Kindly avoid empty lines in .txt file

The attached error might occur if

1) .txt file is not placed in correct folder or name of the .txt file is not "AfariaConfig.txt"

2) content inside "AfariaConfig.txt" is wrong

Thanks,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio, The REX version available on Google Play will do. You do not need any special modification for this to work. Please check whether the affair client on the system has the required information for the package com.sap.rex.ui The error is generally thrown when the afaria client does not have an entry for the package. Cheers.