cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manage more than 100000 contacts in Customer Master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to maintain large number of Contact persons in Customer Master. if I assign "CP" partner function, the limit is only 999.

I can maintain more , if I simply have them in the General Data in XD02. but this will not bring up in Sale order creation.

Please Suggest.

Thank you

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you can't ship an order to a contact person, it's shipped to Ship-to partner. How were you going to use this setup?

It's feasible to have 10000 ship-to's, but unless you want to run some reports for each employee, why can't you just use one-time customer and enter address in the order directly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shichang,

Yes. I agree. thats  the direction we are going. we will explore the options in hybris or any other front end systems.

Thank you Every one, for the valuable suggestionn

Sincerely

Krishna

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused - are you trying to add every employee of your customer as a contact person? Really having trouble imagining the circumstances when so many contacts per one customer would be needed... Even if you added over 1000 - how would this list be manageable when entering sales documents?

You might want to clarify where this is coming from and then someone might be able to provide a suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jelena,

You are right on the point. yes. The client wants to add every employee as a contact.  I am not in favor of this idea.

Lets see our example:

I am at Client A. all our customers are large companies, like Amazon,AT&T, Nike, .etc.

any employee of our customer( Amazon,ATT,Nike)..can login and order products for themselves. ( we need to SHIP this product to each employee, not to the company itself).

so all employees of Amazon, ATT or Nike will have be SHIPTO parties, but our client does not want that and it is not feasible to have 10000  SHIPTOs anyway.)

Thank you

Krishna

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of creating so many contacts, why can't you look into the approach of having the same ship-to number and only changing the address of the ship-to party, when the sales order is created? With this approach do you foresee any constraint? (like tax???)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thats is a good idea. but now my problem comes to the front end system where order is created. we are using HYBRIS in the front end with B2B scenario. In B2B (ASYNCHRONOUS) scenario with Hybris, the address needs to replicate from SAP and Hybris does not have capability of changing it during order creation.

Thank you

Krishna

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna, honestly speaking I think the approach should be making changes on Hybris end. As all have suggested, either use a generic ship-to with a dummy address, or use one time customer. you don't really want to maintain thousands of ship-to's. even if address is not a editable field in Hybris, you could probably store it somewhere else(maybe some extra field) and send it to SAP. when the order is created in SAP through your interface, modify the function module to fetch address from that field and update the sales order ship-to address.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain this with a real example? Even with 999 contacts I would already be curious how this can be used efficiently.