cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Instance profile parameter inconsitency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Once we performed upgrade from ECC EHP5 to ECC EHP7 , whenever making any changes to instance profile parameter from SAP level and doing a system restart , it is removing start profile parameters values from instance profile. Due to this system was not comming up.

Did any one face this issue. Is there any solution for this inconsistency.

Kindly suggest me.

Thanks

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For this you can check the table TPFET & TPFHT see if there is any inconsistencies, this table stores the parameters from profiles. If yes you can truncate them and reload the profiles using RZ11--> Utilities --> Import profiles -->  Of active servers.

and try to restart the system. Update us if you still see the issues.

Also hope you have a link between /sapmnt/SID/profile & /usr/sap/SID/DV*/SYS/profile directory.

Let us know the details.

Regards,

Ram

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the parameters you are passing is correct..Since now there are only 2 profiles in your system ?

I believe you should create a new version of profile after importing them from rz10 and doing a consistency check.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is correct..

Thanks

Pradeep

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Just to clarify the issue... You are adding/changing parameters to the instance profile, using RZ10.

Then, you restart SAP, and this causes parameters to be deleted at the start profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes exactly correct.

Thanks

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Now you will only have two profiles i.e.. DEFAULT and Instance profile. You don't need Start profile.

Cheers

Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes no need of start profile  since , this profile values are merged with instance profile.

Issue is once any changes made to instance profile , this start profile values get removed from instance profile.

Due to the above server goes down.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

With regards to your issue can you make sure that you have only two profile in your profile folder and any other bkp, temp or .1, .2 file are moved away from /sapmnt/SID/profile folder and then can you give a try and update us.

Cheers

Sharma

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Depending on your SAP release...

EDIT: ok, EHP7 for ECC ; should have DEFAULT.PFL and instance profiles only

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

you did import the profiles via transaction RZ10 (Utilities(M) => Import profiles => Of active servers)?

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes i did.

Thanks

Pradeep.