cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement own process for financial views and capacity views - PPM 6.0

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i'm currently struggeling with implementing an own rule how financial and capacity information can be automatically filled.

My goal is to calculate the view "Remain" as the difference of "Plan" and "Actual". I need this for financial and capacity planning.

At the moment we manually enter the data for "Plan" at the Group Level (i.e. BAC - Application Engineer ). The values in view "Actual" are automatically retrieved from our FI/CO System. So far, so good... now I want to estimate the "Remain" View.

Please see my screenshot attached.

Can someone guide me to implement such an process? I'm used to code in ABAP but I can't find the BAdI or FM's I must use for my task.

Second: Is it necessary to run an report to calculate the values (i.e. /RPM/FIN_CAP_PLAN)  or is even possible to do it "live" in the portfolio overview. I've navigated from the portfolio element to the capacity / financial planning.

Best regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tim,

when using your own logic in the financial planning you have to set the parameter
"item process" to "Others" in customizing of Portfolio management > Global Customizing >
Portfolio-Independent Settings > Define Financial and Capacity Views.

The customer logic can be implemented by BAdI /RPM/FIN_CAP_PLAN, method MODIFY_FIN_PLAN.

Best regards,

Judith

0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

thanks for your advice.

I already tried to use the BAdI /RPM/FIN_CAP_PLAN and  the methods MODIFY_FIN_PLAN / MODIFY_CAP_PLAN. I did the customizing setup like you told me.

If I correctly understand the BAdI logic, I have to modify the changing table CT_RPM_CAP_PLAN. My original approach was to readout the table, do my math operations and change the data directly in the table.

The problem is that the table only contains data with the view type 'Integration'. No data with item process 'manual' or 'others' are listed.

Can you tell me how to proper use the BAdI?

Regards,

Tim