cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect PI to Boomi to Hybris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement wherein data needs to be sent from PI to Dell Boomi. The layers are already set and the integration has to be this way, ECC will send data to PI, PI to Dell Boomi and Dell Boomi to Hybris.

Please suggest the integration method for connecting PI to Dell Booomi and Boomi to Hybris.

Thanks and regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi Agarwal,

I would like to know why do you want to send data to PI to DellBoomi?

Why don't you send data either from ECC to PI to Hybris or from ECC to DellBoomi to Hybris.

If you want to send data from ECC to Hybris then why don't you use PI alone?

Check the below links

This is my opinion only.

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Thanks for the response.

I understand both are middlewares, so we can do it like ECC-PI-Hybris or ECC-Boomi-Hybris.

However the business has already these layers set in their landscape, and they want us to go like this only ECC-PI-Boomi-Hybris. Thats why I am looking for pointers oon connectivity part.

So I understand PI->Boomi, Soap can be used and then from Boomi to Hybris, will the communication would be over Soap/Http?

Thanks and regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

So I understand PI->Boomi, Soap can be used and then from Boomi to Hybris, will the communication would be over Soap/Http?

Yes, you are right. I have not worked with Boomi, but you can use the commutative property, if PI can integrate with Boomi with SOAP, and PI can communicate with Hibrys by SOAP, obviously Boomi can communicate with Hybris by SOAP.

You can only advice that more communication points in the infrastructure you have, more possibilities to have an issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Use Soap adapter through that you can connect dell boomi.

Go to this thread HCM SAP/SuccessFactors Dell Boomi iFlows | SCN

Check the reply of Luke Marson. Go to that link.

Login with your S-User Id there you open this Document Integrating EC with SAP ERP Using PI Pass-Through Scenario

In that Document it explained Connecting to PI to Dell Boomi.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhale,

Many Thanks.

This is exactly what I was looking for. That document does have the information on connecting PI and Boomi.

Regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

After a little research i've just discover that Boomi is a cloud integration developed by Dell.

You ca use the SOAP adapter to connect with Boomi. Between ECC and PI, it's usual to take the abap proxy approach.

However, i want to do a few considerations. Depending the way you want to consume the data, sometimes is better to use the Rest adapter instead of SOAP, for example you have a web dynpro and you want to do some navigation in the data, the Rest adapter gives you more flexibility.  Between ECC and PI depend if you have something developed yet or the idiosyncrasy of the scenario, sometimes you can generate a file to use the file adapter or to to use the RFC adapter.

Hope this helps.

Regards.