cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO Complete Error Messages along with Diagnosis and Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are working in an SAP APO Implementation project for DP,CIF,SNP and GATP Modules.

Working on different business scenarios. Facing different issues with different error messages.

Is there any way to check SAP SCM Server Error Messages along with Diagnosis with Resolution steps if possible.

I hope its conviniant to handle the errors if we have the Error Messages and possible reasons and the suggested solution.

If anybody have that information. May i request could you pls provide the relavant weblinks or supporting documents if applicable.

Regards,

SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

The best is to use automated note search tool if you are not sure about certain issues. Of course there would be issues which are coz of wrong master data etc. but then I expect that much expertise of consultants working on the project.

Apart from that you can always ask your questions on this forum (but at least search for the same in SCN or Google before posting). Check SAP note 181892 and this is what it say's per note:

1818192 - FAQ: Automated Note Search Tool

Automated Note Search Tool (ANST) is the solution which could help you in such a situation where you need a quick solution. This is an easy approach towards identifying the right fix for an issue. This can be done by accessing ANST where you can specify the program or transaction or any other possible options available and start the issue replication process. Once the issue is replicated, it will generate a trace that is grouped based on SAP application components which encompasses all the ABAP objects used/executed during the replication. Once the trace is generated, you have options to:

• Search for SAP notes
  • Problematic Custom Codes
  • Missing Customizing Entries
  • Possible list of ABAP objects from which you can choose appropriate objects to start debugging

More than just a SAP Note Search Tool, ANST allows you analyze deeper into the problem by taking you to the object and code level.

If this already answer your question follow this

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the reply. I believed the suggested points already i am following.

I would like to check, in online or in our SCM Server is there any facility to make note all possible errors that system is suppose to post.

What is the possibility to occur that particular error and is there any solution steps.

For Example in APO Demand Planning the error messages are like in this sequence /SAPAPO/DP_CHAR_002 to /SAPAPO/DP_CHAR_031. For what reason the individual error message post by the SCM Server and the solution steps if possible.

And the same in APO CIF the error messages are like /SAPAPO/CIF_ERRHDLG_023 to /SAPAPO/CIF_ERRHDLG_512

And the same in APO SNP the error messages are like /SAPAPO/RRP_HEUR_250 to /SAPAPO/RRP_HEUR_500

How to find the reason and the possible solution steps if possible.

I just given the example error messages. Would like to check all possible error messages for all APO Components.

I hope understood what i am checking. If any possible information is available kindly post and pls advice is there any way to search it in online as well.

Regards,

SV

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SV

I don't think anyone would be able to provide you cause and effect list. Certain issues are related to bug in programs or logic itself in the program which is rectified by related notes eventually support package. So logically certain things they are already rectified as you update your support package/version.

In system there could be lot of issue for which there are different messages but these messages could be sometimes dynamic. Same message reflected in different areas though reason could be same or even different.

Not sure what help will it bring in project if you have such a big list with messages & related root cause and actions (of course you can argue would be ready reference but same is available in SAP Support portal/SCN).

If you face any issue just put the same in support portal and see related notes which could be KBA/program rectifying updates etc. SO logically you already have this. On the other hand if you want to have a kind of list then I guess you need to go one by one in all messages in SE91 with message class and explore what could be possible reasons. Example for message class /SAPAPO/DP_CHAR you have 129 entries, certain could be just information plus self explanatory (but root cause not clear) and some happen as per situation.

Regards

Rahul