cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Upgrade of SAP PF to SAP PF2 for SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We upgraded all IDM components to SP9 level.

Now, I am trying to Import SAP PFv2 in IDM SP9 which already has PFv1 (Folder name 'Provisioning Framework' which is orginal PF and have custom changes as well). I have already taken backup of the PF folder.

My query is  which node (Identity Store 'SAP_MASTER' or Folder 'Provisioning Framework) is to be selected to import SAP PFv2.

While trying to perform import/upgrade of SAP PF2 , I see there are two relevant documentation.

1. Performing the Upgrade to SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2 - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management P...

1st step says

1. Select the folder of the SAP Provisioning Framework in your identity store and choose Import... from the context menu.

Here I notice that it seems to update the existing Folder 'Provisioning Framework' and would overwrite everything with new structure of PFv2(Option 'Overwrite' to be selected for all global scripts in previous step')

Reference screenshot below:

2. Updating the SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2 - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Provisioning F...

It says

"Make sure that you select the correct level in the structure to start the import. This is one level above theProvisioning Framework Version 2 folder. In the examples used throughout this document, this is the identity store SAP_Master."

and step 1 is

1. Select Import… from the context menu for your identity store.

Reference screenshot below:

Here I notice that it seems to create new Folder 'Provisioning Framework Version 2' and would have new structure of PFv2(Option 'Overwrite' to be selected for all global scripts in previous step')

Having these two options have confused me .

It seems for upgrading from PFv1 to PFv2, point 1 information would be relevant(as name suggests) but I would request you to give your suggestion on which approach to use and if my understanding here is correct ?

Instead of proceeding further, I thought of taking experts opinion and do not go with my assumptions.

Thank you very much in advance. 🙂

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should definately select the SAP_Master node and then click on import from there. This will give you a new folder SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2 at the same level as the previous one.

The docs are indeed a bit unclear about that.

The next stage is that the new SAP PFv2 jobs are used for the repositories. I've not seen in docs how one applies that, or check that when coming from v1. I hope others will assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your reply.

Selecting SAP_MASTER Identity store and then click on Import would update the existing 'Provisioning Folder' and rename it to 'Provisioning Framework Version 2'  automatically (see 2nd screenshot in above post where it shows 'Provisioning Framework Version 2 [Updated]').

I have imported 'GRC 10.0 Provisioning Framework Version 2' already using same step and it had updated the existing folder 'GRC 10.0 Provisioning Framework'.

Thank & Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I have imported SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2 by selecting on SAP_MASTER node and it updates/overwrites existing SAP Provisioning Framework folder.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried importing by selecting SAP_MASTER identity store and it try to update existing Provisioning Framework folder.

However I run into error which I would post on a separate thread here -