Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check structure of idoc

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I dont know much abap.

Can someone please tell me how to check structure details of an idoc.

I know from we 30 we see the structure , but there it only asks for basic type.What If I specifically want to know strcuture for an idoc inclding its message type?

For eg: when I go to we30 it asks only basic type ORDERS05 , but I want to see structure for ORDERS.ORDERS05 or ORDCHG.ORDERS05 also how to check structure for extranesion for eg : ORDERS.ORDERS05.ZRMIDOC

Please help.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

WE30 is for displaying IDoc types. You can get the hierarchy of the IDoc (ex, what is the header and Item segments) from WE30.

If you want to check the structure of the same, you can take the segment information from WE30 and check the structure of the segment in WE31, or you can double click on the segment and click on 'segment editor' to check the structure of the segment.

If you want to know which is the message type linked to the IDoc type you can execute transaction WE82 and check for the same.

Please note that message type is the actual application data which you are sending in your interface.

Also go through below link which might be helpful:

What is Message Type & IDOC Type? | SCN

Best Regards,

Debo.