cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIssing Transport log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our ECC landscape is running on SLES. Out team transported couple of TRs while the common transport directory was not properly mounted  by copying the  cofile and data files to the local trans dir for the PRD system. Due to emergency situation they add the TR with other request option and imported it to the system.

After remounting the common trans dir, stms is working properly . But the transported TRs are not listing in the import queue( this could be due the change in trans dir).

We even tried copying back the cofile and datafiles to the common trans dir. But it is not reflecting in the Import queue.

(If adding the TR with other Request option it is showing as TR is not yet imported)

When checked the Transport request log in QUA, for some TRs, it is showing that it is has been successfully transported to PRD but for some its showing as if it was moved till QUA

Can somebody guide on how to resolve this issue

I have the copy of the local trans dir already.

Regards

Sandy Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this may have to do with the buffer file in  /usr/sap/trans/buffer/<sid>

Not quite sure if and how it can be corrected since the transport directory was changed.

If feasible try and import the TRs again maybe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

You are right. Those TRs are not there in the buffer file of the shared trans directory. SO far I could find any lead on syncing the old and new buffer files. I believe , as you said,Importing the TR is the only option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

can you check if your backup system is able to restore the transport step logs?

On Windows OS it would be \\[servername]\sapmnt\trans\log\ALOG####.[SID] ...

On Unix/Linux OS it would be /usr/sap/[TRANS DIR]/log/ALOG####.[SID] ...

This text files are able to show you what has been already imported.

You would sort them by date and best could/would be to work with Excel to compare it with the transports lists (of SE10 transaction) that have been released.

You can compare it via Excel by SE10 displaying the transports, that have been released (* for username => only check for Released; inside SE10 => goto menu => display as list) and add those that are missing to the import buffer (either by GUI of STMS or via command of TP => tp-Kommandos - Softwarelogistik - SAP Library ; )

Best regards

Carlos Behlau