Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 SP13 and SAP HANA Database SPS9 rev 96 MDC issues

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing issues connecting a SAP HANA Database system to SAP Solution Manager 7.1.

I will try to explain the context and the issues :

Context :

Solution Manager 7.1 SP13 on Windows/Oracle, hostname: solman, SID : SM1

SAP HANA Database SPS 9 rev 96 on suse 11 sp3: hostname: suse11sp3, SID : ERP, with two tenant DB installed : ERP and GW1.

I have done the System Preparation and  the Basic Configuration of Solution Manager.

I have followed the blog : Managed System Setup of HANA in Solution Manager 7.1 by Andrea Schuhmann :

I have installed and updated the saphostagent on suse11sp3 : 7.20 sp 207

I have done all the configuration points for the monitoring user.

I have installed the diagnostic Agent.

I have registered the diag Agent and the hostagent in the sld (which is hosted by solman).

At this point everything is fine :

All the tests are OK :

/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapdbctrl status ERP -t hdb

/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostctrl -function GetDatabaseProperties -dbname ERP -dbtype hdb

I have registered SAP HANA in the SLD using hdblcm with the SLDSYSTEMHOME=suse11sp3 (taken from the RZ10 of my ERP system)

The issues are coming now :

In the LMDB I have in the technical systems two HANA Database : ERP and GW1

When I look to ERP I have :

which seems correct but in the Software / Product Instance Tab :

No product version SAP HANA Databade appears here...

And when I try to check the technical system :

So I have tried to applied the troubleshoot tips...

First I click on More... at the technical System Level, and then I have a kind of infinite loop in solman, and the result in my IE is :

and a Dump in solman :

Could someone help me or point out what I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance

best regards.

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

edwin_oldenburg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We were experiencing the same issue with regards with MultiTenantDatabases on SAP HANA and connecting these databases to the SAP Solution Manager.

Fortunately SAP has created a solution with the following SAP Note.

2201540 - Enable SAP Hana multitenant database containers in Landscape API for Diagnostics

This SAP Note and afterwards the procedure as described in SAP Note 1769269 has solved our identical issue with this problem.

Best regards,

Edwin Oldenburg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Edwin,

These 2 snotes solved this problem on our side.

BR.

Bso.

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the port number did you used  when creating hdbusrstore .

I have same scenario .

My system DB name is HDD . And have three tenant db .

Do I need to create hdbuserstore  key for each tenant DB . Or one entry for system DB is fine ?

For system DB , I tried with 3nn15 , but the connection is refusing .And again tried with 3nn13 , but receiving below error .

ERROR: SQLDriverConnect: Connect with userkey failed! :HY000:1:-10104:[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB SO][HDBODBC] General error;-10104 Invalid value for KEY (HDDSAPDBCTRL)

Any help?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

Sorry for my late answer.

Here, we used only one key on hdbuserstore on our MDC conf :

With port 3xx13 (SYSTEMDB).

With this (and wiki) we can connect all tenants on our solman.

Bruno S.

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

ue.

I have made some further investigation on that on found that :

Solman assigned TS to the host in a strange manner. In details, here is what he is doing :

Solman calls the folowing method :

CL_DIAGLS_LMDB_FACTORY->GET_INST_TECH_SYSTS_FROM_HOST

and in this method (here is the code part for HANA) :

" HANA =================================================================

if im_technical_system is initial or

( im_technical_system->get_type_str( ) = cl_diagls_tech_syst_type=>co_hana->get_type( ) ).

" Trace

mr_log->trace_start(

im_method = 'GET_INST_TECH_SYSTS_FROM_HOST'

im_text   = 'Get HANA ITS.' ).                    "#EC NOTEXT

" Get Servers

lt_cim_tech_syst_level_1 = _associators_by_lsc_obj(

im_base_landscape       = im_host

im_cim_association_name = 'SAP_DBInstanceHost' ).

loop at lt_cim_tech_syst_level_1 assigning <lfs_cim_tech_syst_level_1>.

" Only HANA servers

check <lfs_cim_tech_syst_level_1>->elementname->equals_string( 'SAP_HDBServer' ) = abap_true.

" Get the TS ID

if im_technical_system is not initial.

lv_tech_syst_id = im_technical_system->get_id( ).

else.

" Get DB

lt_cim_technical_systems = _associators_by_cim_instance(

im_cim_instance         = <lfs_cim_tech_syst_level_1>

im_cim_association_name = 'SAP_DBSystemInstance' ). "#EC NOTEXT

check lt_cim_technical_systems is not initial.

" Cardinality 1-1

read table lt_cim_technical_systems

assigning <lfs_cim_technical_system>

index 1.

" Build the Id

lv_tech_syst_long_sid = <lfs_cim_technical_system>->get_value(

cl_cim_elementname=>create( 'ExtSIDName' ) ). "#EC NOTEXT

check lv_tech_syst_long_sid is not initial.

lv_tech_syst_type = cl_diagls_tech_syst_type=>co_hana->get_type( ).

concatenate lv_tech_syst_long_sid cl_diagls_constants=>co_landscape_id_separator

lv_tech_syst_type into lv_tech_syst_id.

endif.

" Create the ITS

ls_inst_tech_syst = object_builder->build_inst_tech_syst(

im_technical_system_id    = lv_tech_syst_id

im_cim_host               = lr_cim_host

im_cim_tech_syst_level_1  = <lfs_cim_tech_syst_level_1>

im_tech_syst_type         = cl_diagls_tech_syst_type=>co_hana ).

check ls_inst_tech_syst is not initial.

" Handle dups

read table re_installed_technical_systems

with key id = ls_inst_tech_syst-id

transporting no fields.

check sy-subrc <> 0.

" Add

append ls_inst_tech_syst to re_installed_technical_systems.

endloop.

I have put in red the code part that makes the issues. In this code it has the 3 SAP_DBSystemInstance in lt_cim_technical_systems but the code is only looking at the first index (which is the ID1), and as it doesn't loop to the other, it will never create a association with the ERP and GW1 SAP_DBSystemInstance.

In conclusion, I still don't know how to be sure to have a TS for GW1 and ERP associated to the Host suse11sp3.

Please Experts your help is really needed to solve that issue.

I can't believe no one have faced this issue....

Best regards.

Guillaume Bruyneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any progress on this issue?

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have done quite a lot of debug to understand what's append.

Here is my result :

During the checks the system is trying to see if there is a TS associated (named GW1~HANADB) with the host susesp3.

But it only find 2 TS associated with this host which are :

The HANA System ID1~HANADB

and the Diag Agent DAH~DIAGNAGENT

and this is exclatly what the Landscape browser shows :

So as it doesn't find the GW1~HANADB TS associated with the host it throws an exception.... this is the cause of the Check error.

So The question is why there is no automatic association from host to the correct TS ?

How to create the association manually ?

If someone has answers, it will be well appreciated.

Best regards

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

hello again,

I finally finished the new installation of Solution Manager. In the meantime I have renamed the HANA System to ID1. So I have Now :

An HANA Database System ID1 with Two tenant DBs : ERP and GW1.

I have done the registration of the Host Agent, the Diag Agent and Hana to the New SLD....

And Here I have solved a part of my problem :

Now I have in sld Three HANA Database :

ID1 on suse11sp3 with 10 assocs.

ERP on suse11sp3 with 10 assocs

GW1 on suse1sp3 wit 14 assocs.

Sounds good for now...

In the LMDB

I have also Three HANA Database technical System, and the three seem to be well registered as I have now the following product instances (automatic).

sounds good again....

But with I do the Check of the technical systems I have :

For ID1 (which should be the SYSTEMDB somehow 😞

For ERP

For GW1

So still more things to do to solve the complete issue.

If someone knows and could help me ...

Best regards

Guillaume Bruyneel

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Guillaume, I think you're very close, just probably missing one config item.  Unfortunately the Hana SLD docs are not very linear (as usual.. ).  My guess is what you need to do is get the Host name changed to a unique value on each system, then on the Abap side make sure that the host name matches there as well.  If you're using the same host name across three instances you may run into issues.

For instance, on our prod BW, we changed the default primary host to text DBHOST with the dbhost and systemhome paramaters.  Now both the Abap and Hana instances link up correctly.

"

There are also considerations regarding the hostname, which is reported for HANA to the SLD. Per default the internal hostname on the current HANA master node is reported as “SystemHome”. This is OK for single-node HANA databases that are not used by an ABAP system.

If you run a multi-node HANA or your HANA runs under an ABAP system, that hostname is not recommendable. This is for 2 reasons:

1. If your HANA runs under an ABAP system, the ABAP system most likely knows the external HANA hostname. This doesn’t match the internal HANA hostname and hence the SystemHome of the ABAP system and its HANA DB will not match in LMDB. Since the SLD data supplier in RZ70 also reports a HANA DB you will see 2 HANA DBs in LMDB, one with the internal and one with the external hostname. This is undesirable.
  2. If you run a multi-node HANA DB with more than one possible master node the SystemHome variable could change if the master moves to another host. In this case the HANA would be recognized as a new HANA system and all your setup would be pretty much useless. This is also undesirable.  "

If you've already done that, then I'm out of ideas.  lol

What do you see when you look at the Data suppliers tab in LMDB?  Main page, click the "more" link next to the Last CHange by Data Supplier: text.  Data Supplier Completeness check green?  Then switch to Data suppliers tab.  How many entries?  Should not be blank.

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your help, but I think I may be not so clear (perhaps because of my poor English writing...)

I am not using a Multi-node Hana, I have only one host suse11sp3 that holds an HANA system (ID1) which contains 2 tenant DB with SID : ERP and GW1. (plus the system DB)

For now our ABAP systems are not started, and not registered in the SLD nor in the LMDB. So for now this could not be  a conflict between HANA and ABAP.

My test have some more status.

I finally achieve the Managed System Configuration in solution Manager for the ID1 HANA Database Technical System.; But I have still some issues for the ERP and GW1 Technical System.

The Checks report them as incorrect with the same errors.

ERP~HANADB: Cannot get Technical System form Host 'suse11sp3'

ERP~HANADB: Host 'suse11sp3' must have at least one installed Technical System.

the same with GW1;

In LMDB Data Supplier I have :

For ERP:

But there are things I did not notice before :

First the technical System ERP (HANA Database)  has an Extended System ID : ERP but System ID ID1, and there is a related Database section (which is empty).

My Host in the LMDB :

I have checked all the notes, and the only solutions was to install the latest patch level of the host agent.

For me, I Think that the LMDB is not correctly identifying the fact that ERP and GW1 are Tenants related to the ID1 system. But I don't know how to resolve this

But My host Agent is already at the latest published level : 7.20 207.

If someone have a idea.

Best regards

Guillaume.

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

This is odd.  Your ERP seems to be reporting in that it also has a hana database installed.  They should be reporting in separately to SLD - ERP to regular Technical System view, hana database to the CIM view, then sldsystemhome and dbhost settings provide the link that LMDB needs to match them up correctly.

You mentioned that you have this - "SAP hana database in suse 11 sp3: hostname: suse11sp3, Sid:erp with two tenant DB installed - ERP and GW1.

Do you have two separate Hana dbs installed?  Not clear what your meaning is here.

When I go into LMDB and look at the System Database for my ERP system and then click on Database details, it links me directly to the appropriate Hana db.  Which one does yours go to?

Bernie

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

to be clear :

I have Two tenant DB with the SIDs : ERP and GW1, inside a HANA SPS 9.

The SID of the HANA System is ERP also.

In the LMDB, tab technical system, I select HANA Database, then the ERP Database System

(this is the only I have here). see the screenshots.

I thought that maybe the issue came from the fact that the System has the same SID as a Tenant. So I have renamed the HANA System to ID1.

regards.

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

In addition the ABAP systems (ERP and GW1) are not started and not yet registered to the sld. I would like to configure the Database only to be sure it works.

In the profile of the HANA database I have put the sldsystemhome entry.

The most strange thing is that when I Try to look at the Data Supplier for the Technical System SAP Hana Database ERP, by clicking on the More... link it dumps.... So I could not answer which ERP it is : the tenant or the Hana System.

For me If I look at the software component, and product instances it seems to be the tenant... But I didn't see the System DB ???!!

I will investigate to see if it is related to the "same sid" things.....

(for Now I re-install Solman to have a clean SLD & LMDB)...

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

Already done...

and concerning the note, I see the HANA system in SLD....

But thanks anyway.

Guillauem

Guillaume2
Participant
0 Kudos

In sld I have that :

regards

Guillaume