Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software component after EHP updgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

After doing EHP upgrade i could the SAP_APPL component as

SAP_APPL 617  0007

just to want to know what is this '1' referring to 617..the overall product version is ERP 6.0 EHP 7 .

thanks

Prakhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thanks for those links.

If '1' is referring to Hana Ready Database release  , so does it means that if I migrate my database to HANA ..their is no other upgrade required in my components versions. Also are their any transaction which has come in new 617 version , which could show it is hana compatible release.

Regards,

Prakhar

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Of course it's never quite that simple! It's SAP!

By "HANA ready," I just mean that this is the minimum Basis (NetWeaver) and Application release from which a migration to Business Suite for HANA is possible. If you are running Business Suite for HANA (but not yet S/4HANA, which is another chapter in the story), then you are running a minimum of NetWeaver 7.40 and ERP 6.0 Enhancement Pack 7. That doesn't mean you can just change your database platform from AnyDB to HANA once you are running EhP7, but it does mean that your NetWeaver and application layers are ready for a migration to HANA.

The developers at SAP did have some NetWeaver 7.3x releases on HANA, as well as a highly specialized EhP6(?) version of a few applications for HANA, both of which were developed in parallel to the core AnyDB releases we're more familiar with. When the main Business Suite ERP application was released for HANA, it represented a convergence of the two parallel development lines, i.e from ERP 6.06 (EhP6) plus the special HANA version of some ERP applications that pre-existed, to the new, combined and upgraded release of 6.17. That change of the 0 in 6.06 to the 1 in 6.17 represents the convergence of the parallel development tracks.

So, looking back at your question, yes, you are mostly correct. If you have upgraded to EhP7, then the migration to HANA does not involve any further upgrade to your application component, but it is still a migration. At that point it's more similar to an OS/DB migration (aka heterogeneous system copy) than an upgrade, but it remains a special version of the OS/DB migration.

And, once you are running Business Suite on HANA, then you are positioned to consider an application upgrade to S/4HANA, if that fits with your organization's strategy.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

The "1" refers to a split in the codebase during development, essentially indicating that this is a "HANA-ready" release. This is explained very well in these two blogs:

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

THis referts to APPL version.

617 corresponds to EHP7.

May be you need to go through master guide and technical guide of EHP7 + upgrade guides for better understanding

Regards,

Nikhil