Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial no. not showing for Unrestricted & Blocked Stock after UD

former_member599411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have an issue with the serial nos as i have created a serial no in result record section and for that section i have marked part of my stock qty to block and remaining in unrestricted now while checking in MMBE the serial no. not get segregated.

For ex: I have 10 fg product with serial no 1-10( This serial nos are created in result recording)

I have blocked serial no. 6,7,8 in result recording.

and the remaining serial no are moved to unrestricted.

while checking the stock in MMBE i found that all serial nos are in unrestricted category, and the same serial nos also showing in blocked stock as it has to show only 6,7,8.

I have also tried creating serial no with IQ01 and but then also the problem remains same...

Please advice...

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which report or SAP transaction you are referring to? You are saying that the same serial numbers are present in block and in unrestricted. How the same serial number can have both the status at the same time in SAP?

I am assuming that when the goods receipt was posted, the inspection lot was generated without serial number. This could be because of serial number profile customization setting. Later while doing stock transfer from QI to UU you created serial numbers dynamically. Am I correct? If so then for such cases the status may not get updated correctly.

What I can suggest is,

1. Right click on stock in MMBE and click on Equipment/Serial Number
  2. The serial numbers which will be displayed should match to your stock. e.g. if the stock is 10 numbers (including both UU and block), then total serial numbers should be 10.
  3. Then check the status of each serial number. For unrestricted it should be ESTO 01.
  4. If it is showing AVLB then you should correct it as below
  5. Go to IQ02. Input appropriate material code and serial number.
  6. Press Ctrl+Shift+F2 or follow that path as Edit > Special Serial Number Functions > Manual Transaction
  7. Click on From stock radio button
  8. Then put appropriate plant code, storage location and stock type as 01 for unrestricted use
  9. Again press Ctrl+Shift+F2 and click on To Stock Radio button
  10. You would notice that the status change from AVLB to ESTO

To avoid this problem in future it is always good to create serial numbers in advance rather than creating them dynamically. You can disable it (generation of serial numbers dynamically) also.

Anand

former_member599411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sir, Thanks for the reply. I have maintained the serial no. profile for quality only i.e QMSL with usages 03 , as i am generating the serial no. in QA32 while performing the result recording in UD.

And i have also tried using different serial no profile in which i have created serial nos in goods receipt after confirmation of Production Order but after doing UD in qa32, again the same problem persist.

For the same when i check my serial no in IQ09 with special stock type 01 It shows different serial no and for 07 it shows different serial no.which is right one But in MMBE All serial no.s are there in UU as well as same in Blocked stock.

Is there any way to restrict the use of Blocked stock because i am able to issue the serial no. in MB1A which i have put in the blocked stock.As in general system,we can only issue the qty from UU.

Also is it possible in standard SAP system to generate a alphanumeric serial no. range while generating automatically serial no.?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But in MMBE All serial no.s are there in UU as well as same in Blocked stock.

Could you please elaborate more on this? Your checking methodology in MMBE step by step? My guess is - it hits to IQ09 only through MMBE when you right click on stock and see the option equipment/serial number. So IQ09 and MMBE should match.

Few more questions,

1. Do you see distinct stocks in UU and in Block in MMBE?
  2. If you are having total stock of say 10 Numbers then IQ09 should reflect 10 only. Are you getting more or less for that?
  3. Is there any way to restrict the use of Blocked stock because i am able to issue the serial no. in MB1A which i have put in the blocked stock

This is truly not possible! You can not consume the material from block stock. What your MM person says on this?

Anand

former_member599411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for an early response...

I am following the below steps for creating a serial no.

1) Maintain serial no profile in MM01 in work scheduling.

2) Then doing UD in QA32, at the result recordings tab i am creating serial no.s.

3) After assigning the defects in defect recording while performing the UD & while accepting the lot, it ask for how much qty you want to move in UU or Blocked stock....

4) After that at the time of saving the UD it ask for which serial no. to be transfer to UU. I save the ud with required serial nos.

1.     Do you see distinct stocks in UU and in Block in MMBE?

When i check the stock in MMBE i get distinct stock against UU and Blocked.After right clicking the unrestricted/Blocked stock qty and clicking on equipment/serial nos.Both are showing same serial no.though there stocks are distinct.

2.     If you are having total stock of say 10 Numbers then IQ09 should reflect 10 only. Are you getting more or less for that?

In IQ09 we get every thing ok. i.e the blocked & UU serial nos are showing distinctly and correctly but for that we have to maintain stock type 01 & 07 for UU and Blocked stock respectively.

And at the time of MB1A against 261 mvt, Can we restrict issuing the serial no. from Blocked stocks..?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your understanding seems correct here. So where is problem lying now?

If I come to your comments point-wise,

1. Both are showing the same serial number though the stocks are different - This is correct. Only the status 01 or 07 will vary. Do you see a same serial number e.g. 123 with both  01 and 07 statuses?
  2. In IQ09 we get every thing ok.... - Yes. You need to maintain the stock type separately for serial number. But you need not do this manually. When you post something to unrestricted with serial numbers, system automatically assigns the status as ESTO 01 to it, Similarly to block stock also.

Issuing Part - Serial number and stock are not different entities. They should be reffered together when the material is serial number managed. As per my knowledge you can not consume the material via 261 movement if the stock is lying is blocked stock i.e. (with serial number status 07). If it is allowing you then this is system abnormality. You should refer this to your MM consultant for better analysis from material movement point of view.

Anand

Answers (0)