cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:No stock posting possible for this material

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to do a stock posting, I get an error "No stock posting possible for this material" -The material belongs to a material type whose stocks are not managed on a quantity basis.

Can Anyone guide me what needs to be done where?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Ajay,

U Please once again go to OMS2 Transaction,there u give ur material type, and enter then on the left side chose Quantity/Value Updation under dialog structure click on it.chose ur Valuation Area (.i.e,ur Plant) and material type.there will be tick under the Quantity Updation and also under the Valuation Updation.please remain the tick mark as it is under Quantity Updation.But please

REMOVE TICK MARK UNDER VALUATION UPDATION.then please don't forget to save, save n exit. then maintain stocks MB1C.

Defenetely i am sure that u will get the soluton for ur problem.

all the best........

NOTE: if it solves ur problem, please reward me with happy mind............

"VENU.G".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venu,

I am able to do the stock posting now. But just for my understanding, what difference it will make by not checking valuation updation.

Regards,

Ajay

gsatya34
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank u bro .

it was really really helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

abdate date and years

t-code : mmpv

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

if u are getting the message that no stocks can be possible for this material then it is due to that u have not defined the attributes such as Quantity and value based stock for this material.

Quantity based attribute will control ur stock for the particular material in total numbers etc,

Value based attribute will control the total value of the stock ,this for FICO data.

Read the error message and try to navigate through that and u will land on the transaction path to define ur stock based attributes for the material.

Regards,

S.Ravi kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether G/l accounts has been assigned or not in T.Code: OBYC.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I did some changes in material type & now I am getting an error "Account determination for entry INT GBB 0001 BSA not possible"

I am not a FICO guy, so unable to understand it, request if you can tell step by step. I have tried to configure as per some previous query in the forum but I am unable to resolve the same.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

You will require an FICO & MM guy to do the required configuration in Transaction Code: <b>OBYC</b>. FICO Guy will Identify which is the G/L account in which the accounting enter is to be posted.

During Post Goods Issue, the accounting entry posted will be as under:

Cost of Goods Sold Dr (Configured in OBYC GBB T-Key)

To Inventory Account

In Transaction Code: <b>OBYC</b>, MM / FICO consultant will select Transaction Key: <b>GBB</b>, Double-click on it & maintain the required combination.

After they have maintained & you try to do Post Goods Issue, you may get a similar message again & they may have to reconfiguure in Transaction Code: OBYC, the combination with Account modifier will most likely be VAX & VAY.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I have maintained the required G/L a/c details in OBYC, but still I get the error - "Account determination for entry INT GBB 0001 BSA not possible".

Can you please help me where i need to check now?

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your first error you say " the material is not maintaned in quantity"

So check the material type for the material and go to OMS2 , check whether you have checked up both the quantity/ quality for the material type. If quantity is not checked you need to check it and then try posting. You will surely get this one on.

Let me know if this worked and reward points if this helps

Thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Just checked up some of the issues I had on posting goods, I had this problem and I did maintain the quantiy and quality fields checked for the mateiral type for that material proabably the material type is Finshed goods. Right!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I have checked both Value and qty, but still I get the same error.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please try transaction OMWD. Against your plant ( valuation area ), please maintain the valuation group code 0001.

Please check this and let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CLN,

I have checked valuation group in OMWD, it is 0001. Still my issue is not getting reslolved.

Rgds,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Fix this with FI people. They may have to check up in OB_GLACC12 to select all the accounts and execute and select the relevant fields like Tax Category, Posting without Tax allowed and Line items , etc and execute this and then do the posting.

Try this. Please contact FI people for this.

Thanks

Augustine Ponraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please maintain valuation class in accounting view of material master. it will solve the problem.

cheers,

anil.