Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for SLD migration PO 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we're running a 2 layer XI 7.0 system.

Development and Production System.

The central SLD is running on the Production XI.

Development XI and all other SAP ERP systems are pointing to the central SLD on the Production XI.

Now we start migrating a SAP PO 7.4 in order to replace the XI system in mid terms...

As first step we intsalled the PO 7.4 development server. We want to test the most critical scenarios on the new PO.

Afterwards a production PO will be installed and the scenarios will be switched step by step to the new PO.

How would you proceed in terms of the SLD ?

- Would you setup a SLD synchronisation on new PO from the existing central SLD ?

- Create a parallel SLD on new PO Development only for the Test-Scenarios?

And how to proceed when we install the Production PO and begin to switch the scenarios?

I know in mid term the central SLD will be switched from Production XI to the new Production PO.

But what's the best interim solution for the migration phase?

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

Right now, i'm in the middle in a XI 3.0 to PI 7.4 single stack migration. Im going to comment you my final decision, taking into account the basis restrictions. Finally, i only can do a new installation, basis restriction about XI 32 bit system to 64 in PI 7.4.

How would you proceed in terms of the SLD ?

In SLD, first of all, the basis team have created all the business/technical systems, just now i don't know if the have done manually, but i just remember that part of the process can be done automatized.

For product component/software component you can export your product components easily with the export button in Product Component XI SLD site and to import in PI 7.4 here:

- Would you setup a SLD synchronisation on new PO from the existing central SLD ?

- Create a parallel SLD on new PO Development only for the Test-Scenarios?

We are not going to synchronize anything, new installation, all new. And for second, three environments, there SLDs , all on 7.4 environment,.

Hope this helps.

Regards,