cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While creating OLAP in CMC got error like Unable to initialize the page. Verify that an MDAS Server is running and that the database client software has been installed on the server hosting the MDAS Server.

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While creating OLAP connection in BO CMC i got error like below,

I have followed the below snote for this issue

1596347 - BI 4.0 - Error: "Unable to initialize the page. Verify that an MDAS Server is running and that the database client software has been installed on the server hosting the MDAS Server" after installing the Patch.

But still i am facing the same issue.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

Jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Please check that APS (Adaptive Processing server is enabled) (MDAS services hosted server)

Thanks

Kannan

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

Thank you for giving response.

I have cheked APS is enabled in CMC.

Thanks

Jana

kannan_andireddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Jana,

Please let me know what is version of BOE you are using and from which version to which version(Patch) you have upgraded.

Thanks

Kannan

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using 4.1 Sp05.

Thanks

Jana

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jana

1) Do you have any defined connections in the CMC "OLAP Connections" page?

2) What OLAP server are you connecting? If it's SAP BW or SAP HANA then support is built in. XML/A providers such as SSAS need configuration. Providers like Oracle OLAP, Oracle Essbase etc need to have middleware components installed.

3) Stop the APS then right click on it and choose "Select Services". Make sure the MDAS service has been selected then restart the APS.

4) Finally, do you have a valid licence key?

Regards

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I do not have any defined connections in OLAP.

How to Configure SSAS configuration and how to set Providers, i am going to connect BW system.

I have temporary license key from SMP.

please give me a suggestion for this.

Thank you

Jana