cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to launch NWBC for Desktop from Fiori Launchpad ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The goal:

From any web browser (let say chrome), on a desktop computer, I want to have a tile that opens a transaction in a NWBC for Desktop windows.

This topic has been discuss for a while in many discussions but as far as I know, there's still no clear answer to this issue.

There are interesting news regarding integration of Fiori within NWBC but I'm more interested into integration of NWBC within Fiori 😉

Our idea is to use the Fiori Launchpad as the single entry point for all SAP usages (Fiori Analytics, Fiori transactional, BI contents, other websites and also classic dynpro transactions).

Here are how far I can go on this issue.

1- Generate a NWBC URL : using method URL_CONSTRUCT of class CL_NWBC :

2- Create a tile using this URL

Then, test the new tile...

NWBC for Desktop open (need to login manually) and launch the requested transaction.

The problem is that a new empty tab has been opened by the launchpad (the launchpad open a new tab by default for all URL) :

Does any one found another solution to open NWBC for Desktop ?

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon, All you need is a tile, which triggers the URL in-place, rather trying in new tab. May be you should attempt at having a custom tile type? Just a suggestion. Implementing a Custom Tile Type - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think that your solution will be the best option.

I'll try this... the SAP documentation is not easy to understand 😉

In addition, I'm working with On Premise systems whereas many documents are talking about how to add custom tiles in the cloud Launchpad.

I'll keep you inform.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Please try with LPD_CUST entry instead of the URL.

Application Types: Mandatory Parameters - Launchpads - SAP Library

How to Launch Web Dynpro ABAP and SAP GUI for H... | SCN

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes, I've already tried with LPD_CUST config. But the problem is similar : a new empty launchpad screen (with launchpad header and empty screen) is diplayed.

(your second link is only for SAPGui for HTML)

Regards,

former_member312987
Active Participant
0 Kudos
masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I think it is correct browser behavior.

How about opening SAPGUI HTML?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masa for your answer.

I understood this looks like standard browser reaction.

But from a user point of view, it's not really "user friendly" !

We decided not to use WebGui because of restrictions and performances issues (most of our target users are experts users, in this case the better SAP client is still the desktop client...)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

How about other way around that the Business Client calls the launchpad or SAPUI5 apps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we've studied this option.

It's not the best solution for us :

• by default users are opening their web browser. It's already their first entry point for all other IT solutions...
  • we've got tiles that are linked to other websites that are not working well on IE... so opening the launchpad from NWBC will lead to incompatibility problems for these websites.