cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM distributed installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am installing SAP MDM in distributed environment on Solaris/Oracle. when I launch SAPINST, it shows me below options under Distributed environment, am confused on which one to be installed on Application server and Database server.

Distributed System:

MDS

MDS in existing sap system

MDIS in existing SAP system

MDSS in existing SAP System

Please explain me the procedure, I have application host and DB host, as per above which one to be installed on which server(APP or DB).

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Distributed environment installation is for when you want the various MDM servers (MDS, MDIS and MDSS) on different servers.

If you only want Application host and DB host, use the central installation option and configure the DBMS as per installation guide.

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the response. I have done the same, but when it asks for oracle Home/client/sqlplus directory path while installing MDS, I gave oracle client path everywhere since we have installed only oracle client under MDS instance.

Now, am getting 'unable to connect with DB server; while doing DBMS settings. Our DB is on Oracle RAC.

Have maintained tnsnames.ora in MDS instance as well under /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/oracle/tnsnames.ora ,also it is properly maintained in ORACLE RAC as well.

Have gone through the guides/forums, have downloaded mdm configuration assistant to check the issue, it just says oracle_home is configured wrongly, but other than oracle client what to be pointed.

Not sure what is missing here. storage is under ASM.

Please do guide me if you have any idea on the same.

Best Regards

Kishore

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Make sure you are following the Installation Guide available on http://help.sap.com/nwmdm71 specially the oracle-specific configurations.

You can also check the MDS logs to see what error is being returned by MDM when trying to connect to Oracle, it will help narrow down the root-cause.

Best Regards,

Carlos Weissheimer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u read installation guide?