Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of RS2HANA_CHECK making SAP system slow

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BW on HANA model with BW 7.4 SP08 and HANA SP08.

We are using RS2HANA_CHECK tcode to generate HANA authorizations from BW. We normally run it in background as the execution takes time. But we have noticed whenever there is a BW dataload going on, at same if RS2HANA_CHECK is executed, it makes the system very slow.

For example, clicking on Manage button for an info provider in RSA1 normally takes 2 seconds to take to Manage window. But with both Dataload and RS2HANA_CHECK running together, it takes forever to take to Manage window. Even the background execution of RS2HANA_CHECK which normally gets over in 600-700 seconds, takes more than 20000 seconds (and still goes on. Most of the times we have to cancel the job).

Another issue we faced is that at such times, the users who access reports at front end, ended up getting errors.

Could anyone suggest if this is a known issue and what is the solution for this? I just wanted to check if any solution is available before raising it to SAP.

Thanks

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really encourage you to update to the current SP Stack of SAP BW 7.40.

SP08 was the initial release of the new functionality, and a lot of corrections were made in the meantime.

the DMO First Guidance give´s you a kind of Idea of the current Enhancements

SAP First Guidance - Using the DMO Option to Mi... | SCN

Best Regards

Roland

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Is there no other option? I am not sure if our client would accept to upgrade SP. We recently moved from SP7 to SP8.

Thanks

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without applying a set of SAP Notes, I´m afraid this is the way to go forward.

Best Regards Roland