cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM - ChaRM Integration : Project not being shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have completed the PPM / ChaRM configuration in SPRO. However when I execute the transaction SM_CRM and create a new Request for Change, I find that no projects are displayed in the Search Projects Drop down box when trying to specify a project.  There are many projects available in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. However none of them are being displayed in the drop down search facility for the Project field in SM_CRM.

How can we make sure that the projects appear in the search dialog box ?

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vinod,

Have you activated the ChaRM Configuration for your project.

you need to have a project activated with ChaRM means a maintenance cycle with development with release status and also activate task list to use charm project

in the search of sm_crm it wil display all project activate with charm only and therefore you can't see the other project existing in solar_project_admin

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a demo system at present. The Project has been created only but no maintenance cycle has been created as yet.  We are able to also create a project from PPM  which is listed in the main screen of in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. There is no maintenance cycle created for this PPM origin project. Is there any way we can have this project appear in the Project drop down box without having to create a maintenance cycle ? Since the System is for Demo of the PPM/ChaRM Functionality only we want to if possible avoid the creation of maintenance cycle.

Regards,

Vinod

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

The integration of PPM is with ChaRM and this is why you need to have the ChaRM activated for the project to be linked to PPM task etc.

There is a separate assignment block named as projects where you can link any project from Solar_project_admin transaction ...this way you can link CR to Project

but remember IT PPM is specifically integration with ChaRM so it will work with ChaRM activated project fully functional.

hope this clarifies

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

is your doubt clarified.....

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help. The issue is now resolved.

Regards.

Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

You should check following link,

Integration of PPM Projects and Change Request Management - Working with Projects - SAP Library

""Data entered in an SAP Portfolio and Project Management project is mapped and transferred to an SAP Solution Manager project, and the SAP Solution Manager project administration data entry capabilities are disabled,""

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions...

Regards,

Vinod

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.  Many thanks for the link.

Do you know how do you actually assign a Solman project to a PPM project or vice versa?  Where and how that link is performed?

I completed my customizing, but I do not see any entries in any screen on both sides that tells me I can link both.   It seems we still need to create a SolMan Project if we have a PPM project, but that is as far we have reached.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

have a look at below links

this should help....if not post a new thread with your specific issue...we will try to help further.

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Prakhar. 

It is working fine.

Regards,

Juan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos