cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to explain the performance test result in ST05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am running a performance test for different BO report platforms using BW on different database (HANA, NLS, original disk).

By referring the document such as the following one, I ran the performance test to compare different platforms and different database.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0e3c552-e419-3010-1298-b32e6210b...

The operation flow is:

Select the report from BW --> Clear Cache --> Before entering the parameters in the selection screen, start trace in ST05 (SQL trace) 

-->  Enter the parameters and execute  --> When report is outputted, end the trace in ST05  --> Display trace

From the report execution duration, I see that the performance of HANA > NLS > Former disk as expected, and Analysis Office > OLAP > BEx > Lumira.

But I cannot tell what the duration is about,and I cannot explain the difference among the BusinessOffice Platforms.( I thought it mainly test on database difference, but it turned out Analysis Office is also absolutely faster than BEx and Lumira). Therefore, the test result is not so persuasive as a result.

I have two questions about it:

1. What does the SQL trace in st05 evaluate? Only database or front-end also matters?

2. How to explain the difference between Analysis Office, OLAP, Webi, BEx, Lumira?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any idea about this?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chong - ST05 is a pretty common transaction - not specific to Analysis Office; have you tried searching SCN for this?  It is usually a transaction run by Basis Administrators so this is why not many in the community have replied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tammy, Thanks for your kind reply.

I have tried to search on SCN.

There are too many posts about ST05, but few of them is directly about BO reporting, and many of them seems too professional and technical.

I just thought it would be testing the database difference (on Hana, and NLS), but it turned out that the frontend tool also matters considering runtime. I hoped to get some easy-to-read information, and thus make the proposal (use which database and which tool) persuasive.

Thank you.

Chen

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chong Chen,

i am not aware of other tools for anlaysis office please follow these

in order to know query duration time in analysis office , you can check statistics

follow this

or check Query runtime statistics section from admin guide

hope this helps

Regards,
Subhash