cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change transport layer in the middle of ChaRM process

0 Kudos

Hi

May I ask you a question regarding transport layer change in the middle of ChaRM process?

The background is, currently there's a project on-going in my customer and due to the schedule constraint, QAS/PRD system will be delivered 1~2 month later after DEV system implemented in the project site. PM wants to use ChaRM for managing the process realization but as far as I know, it is technically not possible to enabling ChaRM process only with development system even if I don't import TRs to QAS/PRD.

What I'm considering as workaround now is, copy clients for QAS and PRD in DEV system only for ChaRM configuration purpose and change the transport layer & logical component when the real QAS & PRD systems are finally ready. My concern is that whether it is possible to change the landscape in the middle development activities. Development activity means inclduing task releases.(Not importing to QAS)

Best Regards,

Seong Do Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

First it is always possible and not new to activate ChaRM only for development system and later include the quality/production system.

thus it means you can create charm project and CRs etc but upto the stage of TR creation in Development but without import stage as Quality doesn't exist

later on once they are available you can add them

basically create virtual system as quality and production if they don't exist for now and check the below article for details

this should resolve ur query

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

The article you shared was perfectly fit for my situation, thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

That's a good approach of making clients and putting in charm. I think yes it is possible.

cheers

Sharma