Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Tab UI behavior differences

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I've got two NW IDM 7.2 SP9 systems. On one the SAP Provisioning Framework V2 is version 2015/04/30 13:08:20 $ ($Change: 208795$) and on the other 2014/11/07 15:49:19 $ ($Change: 202958 $).

In the last one, when I use the Administrator account and then the Manage tab, I get a list of persons. When I click on the line of one of the persons, the detail section underneath comes with a panel with tabs such as General Attributes, Account Attributes, Assigned Roles and Provileges, Assigned Groups, Settings. This is very nice as it allows me to see the Manage tab in sort of a Master-Detail setup. I don't need to choose Display Identity as a task.

On the other one (the first one), I don't get this. Only a few meager details with a set of fields underneath each other on the left with some details. (display name, Organizational Unit Text etc. ).

What is going on here, why are the two UIs different? I want the master-detail setup in my newer SAP PFV2 system too. I'm not an expert on UI config, but doesn't the Manage tab come with the UI package that we load into the Java part of the IDM system? Are they different, or did I somehow mess up my UI myself with settings?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Check what task is maintained as display task in entry type MX_PERSON.

This should reference the task which is available in,

PFV2 -> CORE -> Web Enabled Task -> Identity -> Display Identity

Kind regards,

Jai

Message was edited by: Jai Suryan

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I looked at the display task and it was indeed set to something else than the new SAP PFv2 one. Switched it and it is working fine now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I figured out what happened now. We have the UI Tasks for HTML5 loaded at the same level as the SAP PFv2. The Identity Display task in MX_PERSON entry type was set to the display identity task in the UI5 folder instead of the SAP PFv2 one. Setting it back to the SAP PFv2 one (path: SAP PFv2, CORE, Web Enabled Tasks, Identity, Display Identity) fixed the problem and gives me the master-detail view I was looking for.