cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Move Change Made in Production to Development (DEV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A member of my team made a change to our Production BW system to quickly fix something in a DSO. This was done without transporting through the landscape. The DSO was added to a transport request in Production.

A basis team member suggested I release the change and that it should show up in a file we could move to Dev. When we released the request it complained about the ECC Source connection. We went ahead and sent the transport through. The transport did not show up in Dev like we thought or any identifiable file in Production.

How can I move the changes from that Production change back to Dev now that it's been released?

What happened when we released the change in Production? Did it unlock the items in the request?

How can I see what was changed in transport request at the item level? I can see the object name that was changed but how do I see the actual piece of that DSO that was changed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

1. Tcode SLG1 in production based on date , user , tcode to trace changes of DSO
  2. Compare objects between Staging & product for that particular DSO

To import in Development system.

1. If Transport connection exist between prod-->Deve, import directly in Development
  2. If Transport connection not exist between PROD and DEV, release TR in prod system ask take CO & DATA files and import in DEVE system. (For this please the help of BASIS Team they are familiar with this process.)

Thank you,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLG1 didn't show anything but thank you for the suggestion.

We released the files in Prod but when we looked for the CO & DATA files in the Prod box we didn't see them anywhere. Do you know what directory they would usually be found after release? Thanks.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well documented how to derive co and data file in blow wiki

Copy Transport Requests to local file system - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for this documentation. While that guide was helpful in general in this case it did not apply to our situation. We ended up having to simply hand create the changes back into Dev and move them through the landscape like it should have been done from the start.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

In my opinion the "manual recreate + transport" method which you applied is the most safe way-of-working.

There can be cases where you prefer to "transport backwards", but be aware of the technical issues which you might face. First advice to use Transport of Copies in order to not overwrite the original system. Since TMS is not designed for unusual transport routes, you probably have to ask basis team help.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (0)