Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA system privileges

upamanyu_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was going through SAP HANA system privileges and came across the following privileges:

CREATE SCENARIO

EXPORT

IMPORT

Have gone through the SAP HANA Security guide however , these 3 privileges aren't clear to me.

For e.g it is written in SAP HANA Security guide that Export privilege "authorizes export activity in the database using the EXPORT command"

However , I can export SAP HANA content and catalog objects even without this privilege.

It would be really great if someone can help me out with the privileges!

Regards,

Upamanyu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upamanyu,

One way of having authorizations in HANA is assigning privileges directly to user and assign to the ROLE and then assign ROLE to the USER.

In this case, for example CONTENT_ADMIN role has EXPORT and IMPORT privileges assigned. If you have CONTENT_ADMIN role assigned then you do't need direct EMPORT privilege to perform export.

Regards,

Venkat N

upamanyu_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

I agree with you completely , but in my case I am using a test user and the only role that is assigned to it is the default PUBLIC role.

Could there be any other reason ??

I have attached screenshots of the same for reference...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upamanyu,

HANA Security guide is the right place to look for the description of these System Privileges.

Can you explain the last sentence: you are able to EXPORT SAP HANA content and Catalog objects without any privilege using which user?

Are you using a TEST user? If yes what are the roles, system and object privileges you have granted for the user?

Sunil

upamanyu_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am using a test user , the only role that is granted to it is the PUBLIC role and there are no system privileges assigned to it!! In object privileges I have execute on REPOSITORY_REST and REPO.READ package privilege on the package from which I am exporting my views.

By being able to export SAP HANA content I meant that I was able to export HANA information views as well catalog objects like tables/procedures..