Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC 10.0 Cannot perform Business Rule Assignment

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure Process Controls 10.0 and followed the documentation provided on SDN. I am stuck at Business Rule Assignment section. It gives warning message "There is no data matching the entered selection criteria" Can you please help me in getting pass through this section ?

1. Completed the below pre requisites:
  • Activated PC component
  • Connectors configured
  • integration secnario AM
  • Selected rule types assigned to connectors
  • Mitigation Controls configured in GRC AC
  • Data Source Created for rule type SAP Report
  • Business Rule created for the above data source
  • Business Rule assignment --> Cannot proceed

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Did you create a Control with which you want to link the business rule?

Control should be a automated control then only it can be linked to a rule for automation on Business Rule Assignment screen. Here you link BR to the control. As far I understand, unless controls are setup in the system you will not get any data on this screen.

You mentioned "Mitigation Controls configured in GRC AC" but did you setup the Org data for a Control. Please check Master Data>Activities and Processess>Business Processess.

Thanks!!!

Abhishek

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was able to resolve the run time error "ASSERTION" but still I am not able to perform business rule assignment.

It gives warning message "There is no data matching the entered selection criteria" Can you please help me in getting pass through this section ?

Regards,

Salman

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

Some check points are mentioned in below thread,refer comments from Smita Singh and Jan Steen

In addition check below SAP Notes

1665635 - Business Rule Assignment Issue

1655474 - Business Rule Assignment

Hope this should solve your issue

Regards

Baithi

0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

have you checked if all Master Data exist in the same time frame as this is crucial for your assignments. Next to that is your business rule active or in review status as you can only assign active business rules.

Cheers,

Jan

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

check below SAP Note for warning message

'there is no data matching the entered selection criteria'.

1665635 - Business Rule Assignment Issue

also check the below thread

refer the below thread for Error:The assert condition was violated

Regards

Baithi

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

As per note, Activated the following BC Sets twice but still getting same error.. not sure what else i am missing ?

GRPC-AMF-MENUITEM-UPGRADE

GRPC-ATTR-CTRL_OBJ_CATEGORY

GRPC-ATTR-CTRL_GROUP

GRFN-PNS-FDA

GRFN-PNS-SOX

BC_SET_RISK_LEVEL_MATRIX

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

Check the Maintain Entity Role assignment

Path:SPRO>GRC -> General Settings -> Authorizations -> Maintain Entity Role Assignment.

Regards

Baithi

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Baithi

Checked Maintain Entity Role Assignment and it is blank. Do we need to include anything here ?

Also, I found this note 1872834 - Unable to open Local Controls or Issues from the
Organization

Looks like similar to my issue as Check Customizing for Case Management entries are RED status.

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like I have to assign the control id in general tab from Organization but if I click on open control below error..  I checked maintain organization views and it has two entries with 002 each for AC and PC as Default view. Can you please advise how to resolve this error ?