cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation in External Hard Drive using VMWARE

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install ECC 6.0 EHP4, on my external Hard Drive (1TB).

I have followed many threads here but couldn't find any links which is relevant to my query.

For this I have already installed VMWARE and  and created a Virtual Machine Windows 2003 server.During installation it was suggested to allocated at least 40 GB for Windows 2003 Server Installation and allocate at least 1 GB of RAM.

Windows Server 2003 got installed successfully.

Now I want to install ECC 6 within this 2003 Server OS.My Question is when I will install ECC6, where exactly it will get installed, will it get installed in Hard Disk storage or it will get installed in Windows Server OS, because if the same should be installed within the Server OS (which I believe should be the case), it should be having more space than the one which I allocated (40GB as mentioned earlier).

Could you please help or suggest how should I proceed with the installation.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Before starting the installation could you refer the SAP note

1409608 - Virtualization on Windows

Regards

SS

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will get installed, will it get installed in Hard Disk storage or it will get installed in Windows Server OS, because if the same should be installed within the Server OS (which I believe should be the case), it should be having more space than the one which I allocated (40GB as mentioned earlier).

You could point database directories on the external drive & installation files will be on windows server i.e on 40 GB of space  .

Also suggest you to close your previous threads.

Regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SWPM should prompt you on which drive to save the installation of ECC.  By default after selecting the drive to install it on it will be /usr/sap/SID/