Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling option to add tile and group on the launchpad

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How do I disable the function to create new group or tile on the Fiori launchpad so that it can only be done on the launchpad designer?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eli,

You can disable Personalization by configuration parameters. Check here.

Launchpad Configuration Parameters - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna is spot on.  Get your launchpad to run a config file and disable personalisation.  This should solve your problem.

If you get into a tricky situation like I am where you need to disable certain aspects of personalisation, then I found modifying the CSS to disable certain elements helps:

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/07/14/fiori--how-to-hide-catalog-button-on-fiori-launc...

Regards,

Ben

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Do I create the json launchpad config file from scratch or is it downloadable as a template and if so how?

Thank you

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the related links. There are sample file contents.

Creating a Launchpad Configuration File - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Eli,

The procedure is very simple.

Go to SE80 Next navigation step Repository Browser Next navigation step BSP Application Next navigation step /UI2/USHELL and then navigate to Page Fragments Next navigation step shellsNext navigation step abap Next navigation step FioriLaunchpad.html

Edit the FioriLaunchpad.html file and inside the file code search for "launchpadConfiguration" line. Then, at the line containing  sap-ushell-config-url" : undefined, change it to "sap-ushell-config-url" : "cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json",. Save and activate the FioriLaunchpad.html file.

By doing this, you're pointing to the configuration file PersonalizationOff.json which disables personalization for all users.

I did this and I got rid of Launchpad personalization for all users.

Regards,

Vicente Veiga

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicente

This option though i'm sure will work requires modification to standard objects which we are fighting against. If its the only way, then I will push for it and will revert back.

Thanks and kind regards

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I'm afraid this might be the only option since, unfortunately, there's no role or authorization to be withdrawn in way to avoid users to personalize the FLP.

You can always try to force the FLP link to use the PersonalizationOff.json configuration file by set it on the FLP link:

https://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=<client>&sap-ushell-config-url=cfg/sap/PersonalizationOff.json

Regards,

Vicente Veiga

ystime
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct me if I am wrong , if we control this from authorization level. The option will be still visible to end user and on clicking, some error related to personalization , say page_builder_pers might come.

Regards,

Tejas

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Please take a look at Authorizations - SAP NetWeaver User Interface Services - SAP Library.

Could you share the business background why users should not create a personalized group and add a tile from catalog? Is it requirement from business users?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki

Its a requirement that only the administrator/developer must create custom groups on the launchpad designer. The only things that must happen on the Launchpad itself is to launch the apps and logout. We are also looking at disabling the option to change themes. Some users are getting confused as most of them are not that really familiar with this technology. They just want to do what they are paid to do and not worry about a whole lot of things...

Thanks and Kind regards