cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Mitigation of Users does not work.

0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to do mass mitigation of users using the program GRAC_UPLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS and with the below mentioned format as tad delimited .txt file.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

User-id       System      Access-Risk      Rule-ID      Control-ID      Valid-From      Valid-To      Risk-Monitor      Active-Flag

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am selecting Append mode since some users may have some risks (Not part of the upload file) with some mitigation already assigned.

The program completes without any error messages but on running the user level SOD analysis report, he users are still showing as un-mitigated with the same risks

We are on SP13.

I tried searching for some OSS notes and found some postings that this issue is resolved in SP14 so need to locate the OSS notes that may resolve this.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Snehal Pandya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

FYI for the 10.1 crowd, we are on SP09 and neither option - online or download / upload program - is working.

I found the note about the upload program not loading dates according to your default date format, but it couldn't be applied to our system. My dates should load MM/DD/YYYY, but they're loading DD/MM/YYYY ... not so much valid.

In the NWBC transaction, I get inconsistent results. I can sometimes update many records, sometimes just a few, and sometimes only one. I can never update all of them. I get a pop up with a red exclamation point and no error message. I can always drill in and update one record at a time, but I don't think our internal audit will like that solution since the update mitigated users every quarter.

I've got two message open with SAP for these issues, conveniently picked up by the same analyst. I'll let you know what they come back with.

Krysta

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krysta,

regarding the popup with the the error.. are you logged on in English? It seems that the translation to other languages are missing. Mostly this error comes when you update the validity of the mitigations and your "valid from" date is in the past. Please aware that so far mitigations can only be updated with present to future dates.

Regards,

Alessandro

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I am logged on in English. I didn't think to try another language. I guess German would be the one to try.

I did check that my valid from dates are current / future, and it still barfs on me.

Thanks!

Krysta

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

there are some notes but it should actually work on SP13. This issue has been fixed with note 1780668. Anyways, check the following and try to import in dev system to text:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2094947

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2137070

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2153950

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2101309

If you download the mitigations with the download program - are the previously appended mitigations available? What about the NWBC screen if you go to Mitigated Users? Do they show up?

If the mitigations are present it might be an issue in risk analysis.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

The OSS Note 1780668 is part of SP13 (V1000) but somehow may not be working in our situation.

The other 2 situations that you inquired about download and mitigation users in NWBC are both working fine and without any issues.

As per your mention, Risk Analysis could be an issue is likely that is not picking up and users mitigated with mass mitigation program.

Do you have any OSS note for this situation?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Snehal,

make sure you are running real time analysis rather than batch risk analysis. Please share a screenshot how you run the analysis.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

We are doing real time risk analysis with the Include mitigated risk check box selected.

When we run the GRAC_UPLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS and the input file has 18 records, the program at the end gives the following error.

Rules Upload Failed. Please check log.

Enter a control at line number 19

Enter a system ID at line number 19

Risk ID cannot be blank at line number 19

Invalid rule ID at line number 19

Control is not valid for risk ID and rule ID 0000 at line number 19.

Till now we were ignoring these error messages but I checked the table GRACMITUSER and there are no entries for the user mitigated in the upload file so I guess the error message above means the mitigation is not uploaded.

Any clues related to the program error message above?

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

sure - when you get an error while uploading the document is not uploaded completely. Remove line 19 if there is no data. It seems as this is an empty line that gets read by the system.

Best to upload the file as *.txt file (tab delimited) and make sure only the first 18 lines are filled with data (check in notepad).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro