cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactional RFC Error: Connect to SAP gateway failed#Connection parameters: TYPE= DEST=

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue in sending IDocs from an ECC system to SAP PI using TCP/IP type of connection.

In Transcational RFC monitor, I am seeing the error below:

Connect to SAP gateway failed#Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=XI_IDOC_

I have tested the RFC destination being used by the port I am using in my partner profile but there is no issue in the connection test.

Is there any other configuration I need to check given the error above? Is it possible that the gateway parameter settings are incorrect even though the RFC Destination connection test has no issues?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

PB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pao,

I assume that you are using PI 7.3+ version as you are using TCP/IP connection to send Idocs to PI. If yes, in your PI system communication channel monitoring, check the IDoc sender channel if you are getting any error.

If you are getting any error like XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION not available, then go to NWA->destination and create the destination pointing to your ECC system. Try pinging the connection.

Then restart the IDoc sender communication channel and reprocess the IDoc from SM58.

Regards,

Priyanka

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pao,

Can you please check the parameters which you maintained in your inboundRA resource adapter in you PI system.

Since the destination parameters should coincide with the parameters maintained in your resource adapter for the connectivity.

Also, please check with your basis team whether there is any change done for parameters like gateway server, gateway service etc of your PI system.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pao ,

This link might help you :

Thanks

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pao,

In Transcational RFC monitor, I am seeing the error below:

Connect to SAP gateway failed#Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=XI_IDOC_

I have tested the RFC destination being used by the port I am using in my partner profile but there is no issue in the connection test.

Is there any other configuration I need to check given the error above? Is it possible that the gateway parameter settings are incorrect even though the RFC Destination connection test has no issues?

Are you wrapping the idoc in a function module call hence you are using TCP/IP? What is preventing you from using type 3?

Regards,

Mark