cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration for multiple scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have done alert configuration as per Michal's blog.  Michal's PI tips: Component-Based Message Alerting .I had configured for 1 ICO and I was receiving mails for any failure with respect to that ICO.

Now I have added more ICO's for the same alert rule.Here the problem I am facing is that ,there is no proper clarity regarding the email subject received and I am not receiving alerts for all the ICO's added to the alert rule.

I am trying for alert to be raised for both ABAP stack(Mapping exception) and JAVA stack(communication channel error)

Please let me know if the scenario I am trying is feasible .If yes,Please let me know where I am going wrong.Please do let me know if there are any queries regarding my scenario.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Advit Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Advit,

Please check if you have enabled all the relevant Message Statuses in your Alert Config...PFB screenshot for reference

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Azhar,

I have enabled all the relevant Message Statuses in my alert configuration.

Regards

Advit Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Advit ,

Subject will have only Alert Rule Name (Standard) and you have to go for Customization for change in Subject .

For ABAP Stack Alerts  - Have you set the below configurations to use CBMA on ABAP Stack ?

1) In SXMB_ADM  ALERTING_TARGET =1

2) Assign roles for the user who configures notifications provided in the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/8e/61764230824a1497566cd26f842d9f/content.htm

3) Distribution List Creation  Enter T Code: SO23

4) Creation of Variant for the program SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL

5) Background Job Schedule : Enter T.Code:SM36

Regards,

Malini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malini,

I am doing the configuration on a single stack server .

Is there any way where I can customize the subject details in single stack.

Regards

Advit