cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new code for 3rd leve in Product Hierarcy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a request to amend an additional code to a a 3 level Product Hierarchy in SAP SD Material Master Data.

Example: We have 3 level hierarchy ,

First level : PHN- PHONE

Second Level : MOB- Mobile

Third Level : SAM - Samsung

NOK- NOKIA

MOT - Motorola

IND - INDEPENDENT

Now Business team wants to add another entry to the 3rd level  like SON - Sony.

So in the end they want to see the SON entry to the 3rd level with in the same Product Hierachy of PHNMOB.

Hope you guys understood what i am asking for.

Please let me know how i can add that. I went to V/76 and tried to add new entry, but system is erroring out stating "

Please create the preceding node first"

But in my case i have them already (Level 1 and 2 created). All i need is to add an additional entry to existing Leve 3 entries.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Jayant Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

AlL O.K. figured out how to do it.

I was not doing correctly when i was creating the 3 rd level Hierarchy in system.

Closing this thread.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jayant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any replies or suggestions Please.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jayant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think while creating product hierarchies in V/76 once first level is created save it, You need to save the entry after each level and create  from new entries for another level and check whether product code sequence is being followed by you while going for next level.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ally,

I got that while creating a new Level 3 Hierarchy from scratch.

But in my case Level 1, 2 and 3 are added already. All i need is to add an entry at 3rd Level. But do not how to do it as system is asking me to create the first level node before i add the 3rd level.

So my problem is how do i just add a 3 rd level to an existing first and second level that is already created. Please advise.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jayant.