Did you mean: 

added subform via InstanceManager not visible in XML

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with the following issue:

With the help of the following documents:

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2662 - How to Add or Remove Subform Instance at Runtime

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2354 - How to Extract Data form an Online Interactive Form

It's clear to me how to add a form instance at runtime and how to extract data form the xml file.

In my case when I click on the button in my pdf file to add a new subform instance it's working well. But when I hit the submit button and extract the data from the xml file the entered data in the added instance at runtime isn't available. After the server roundtrip, my pdf file only displays one subform (the one which is default available).

I am lost, so hope someone can give me some hints.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten.

In the 'form properties' window (Edit->Form Properties...) check the following.

In defaults tab: the field PDF Render Format should be "Dynamic".

If it doesn't work you can try looking in all tabs for anything else that may help as well, just play with the properties until it works.

Shai.

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shai,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the setting you mentioned and played around with the other settings, but it still isn't working.

I also discovered some other strange behaviour, when I click on my Add New Form button the form new form is added. I can even enter some data. When I click again on the button, there will be added a third item to the form. the problem now is, if I fill in the third form the second form fields value will become the same as the 3th.

When I test my form via the preview tab, it works as I expect. I push the button, a new form object is added to the form and I can fill it with data. No other form fields change.

Hope you have I hint.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Maarten.