cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Config Non ABAP Communication System and Domain Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your advice concerning a CTS + Configuration issue.

We have a SAP solman landscape with dev qal prod where prod is a domain controller.

On Qal we have connected a non abap landscape SO1 SO2 SO3 (PO Systems), and we try to activate charm project.

In TMS configuration,  we defined SolMan QAL as Communication System.

Charm project has been activated successfully.

We would hope that QAL will be the transport organizer, driving cts project and transport request.

We are surprised to see that solman prod(domain controller) was the transport organizer and cts project (IMG Project created in Prod instead of Qual).

So we are confused because the parameter "Communication_system" is not respected.

Maybe we missed something.

Thanks a lot for your return.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roger,

please have a look at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62884 and the notes 1840670 and 1999716. Here a detailed description of configurating a non abap system in CTS+ is given.

I hope it helps.

Best regards

Martin

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lots of settings are ignored, possible by design, the best reason that an SAP instructor gave me is that it's due to tp/r3trans from the domain controller's point of view; CTS will leverage the same objects for moving the objects.

The issue I had was trying to assign a different directory for a non-ABAP system as I don't like how objects are exported into SolMan's trans dir.