cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem occurred while reading the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been struggling a lot with this error.  I have gone through lot of posts and nothing could help me to fix the issue.

Here is the detailed explanation of the issue.

I have  configured custom workflow approval on FIORI Launchpad. here are the steps I have followed

1) I had make sure all the required oData services are added in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

System alias configuration

2) I had make sure system alias is configured properly with software component (/IWPGW/BWF) and Fiori Local app is selected and same is added in service maintenance

3) I had make sure data provider and data model are linked to right software component.

4) I have configured service definition along with consumer type, role and task definition.

5) Service URl and navigation properties are configured properly and URI works fine .

6) Target mapping is done properly

]Please let me know if I miss anything.

All it says is Scenario definition is not correct . However, it did work day before yesterday with the same configuration and I don't even see anything to be configured  and everything seems to perfect over there.

There are no error logs in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG or /IWBEP/ERROR_LOG.

In the console log it shows only one error i.e. Connection Manager - Failed to load data

What is connection manager and how to fix it?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nageswar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswara,

Please use the My Inbox app which is successor of the Approve Requests app.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It seems to be much easier solution.   I have implemented it and its working fantastic. You are the star.

However, I have a question here...  My work item contains a sap dialogue transaction and When I click on work item it is opened with webui and I could able to achieve same kind of functionality as it is in SAP now.  This works on the desktop becuase we maintain host entry . How does it work in Fiori client? Do we need to take care of some configuration for Fiori Client?

Thanks a lot for your quick solution.

Let me know if you want me to open a new thread for this question.

Regards,

Nageswar

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswara,

I know the behavior but I ask you to share your test result.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Devices are not ready.  So , I can not test the development on devices. I have to apply the solutions according to your suggestions.

When user clicks on his work item, he will be redirected to a transaction, he checks/validate the data and come back and will approve/reject it.

Since I was under assumption that SAP screen can't be opened with Fiori launchpad, I was supposed to give a PDF attachment of the transaction output so that user checks the data and approve/reject .

However, MyInbox solutions seems to be more realistic as it brings the same features on Lunchpad.

So , I am just curious to know if this works on the devices as well . If not, I have to go for alternative solution.

Thanks once again for taking time.

Regards,

Nageswar

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswar,

OK. You won't get the button for opening up the SAPGUI HTML on mobile devices.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

Please check once the Netweaver Gatewayservice in SPRO is enabled or not, if not enable it.and in system alias keep software version as DEFAULT.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.   The services were already enabled.  I  have already developed few apps and they are working fine.

Regards,

Nageswar