cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - 'Adding element with duplicate id' when re-launching same UI5 app from Fiori launch Pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

UI5 application configured into the Fiori Launch Pad and able to launch successfully first time. However, when  click on "Home" button on the Ui5 Application to navigate back to launch pad and re-launch same application, application end up with error - "Adding element with duplicate id". How to reslove this error.

Thanks and Regards

Chiranth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hey Chiranth,

I am having the same problem. Where you able to find a solution?

former_member664376
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan. Removing the root view attribute "id" from manifest.json has worked for me.

jriveror
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Try removing rootView attribute "id" from manifest.json

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranth,

Am also facing same issue, if u got any solution/ suggestion on the same, sharing with us will be very helpful.

regards,

Mahi

0 Kudos

Hey Mahendran,

I was able to solve my issue. My problem was in my Master List item. I copied the XML of the list item from a standard app and it came with the attribute "ID". This was the same ID that was showing in the console after the app failed to launch. Im guessing by adding the ID to the items in the list it took the element out of scope for the "UIComponent.prototype.destroy.apply(this, arguments);" that is called in the destroy function of the Component.js.

I removed the ID attributes from the list item and all its content elements and the app functions normally now.

I hope this helps,

Nate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Nate,

Thanks for the reply, Can u please explain little elaborately to understand clearly.

In the following thread, I've explained my issue,

Regards,

Mahi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranth,

Please utilize the search function.

Search team "Adding element with duplicate id" launchpad gives some hints.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG