cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma invoice has to create while creating delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

My client requirement is, Proforma invoice has to create while creating delivery document.

can you please help on this, what I have to do on this.

Regards,

Shiva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

There is one more option, but i am not sure that is it going to solve your purpose or not....!

In Sales Order type config (VOV8) you can set in billing option Delivery related billing type = (Proforma Invoice type) and for Order related billing type = (Actual billing type)

So once you finish with the delivery process you you can use some BAPI to create the proforma invoice automatically or else create it manually.

You can try this scenario.

Regards

Parag Pandya.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

Changing these fields in Order type is not advisable, for this business need.

Further, the process could be only delivery related, where the billing type in order-related billing field is not used.

TW

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Well that can be true...i might have understood it wrongly....!

but anyways thankyou....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

It can be possible through BAPI only take help of your abap consultant and  try with this BAPI:-- BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATE

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply, just I want to know can I control for particular documents.

Regards,

Shiva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

You need to identify on which circumstance you want automatic billing for example- particular ship to party, or Plant etc...

These factor need to add your program which should trigger during save or PGI or

1. Create Output Table with these circumstance

2. Create new output type.

3.Write and assign the program which call this BAPI

4. Assign this output type in output procedure against it assign requirement type 1:- Delivery GI posted.

5. create condition record for this output type by using VV21.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arun,

Thanks for your reply,

let me check with my ABAPer with your inputs.

Regards,

Shiva.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your post, it seems, you have not searched SCN or Google on how to create proforma automatically as and when delivery is created.  VF04 and VF06 are the standard TCodes through which, proforma or invoice can be generated in bulk and you can schedule a job for either of these tcodes.  Search SCN for more details

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

my requirement was when we creating delivery, when I click on save button in delivery automatically Proforma has to generate. they don't want to go another T code.

Regards,

Shiva.

0 Kudos

Dear G,

using VF04/VF06 for proforma invoices will not work for two reasons:

1) A delivery item which is only relevant for proforma, will not create an entry in the billing-due index, so the document will not be found by VF04/VF06.

2) Issuing a proforma invoice does not change the billing status of the delivery item. So running the batch job every five minutes will issue a new proforma invoice for all of your deliveries again and again and again — every 5 minutes.

I cannot believe how wrong solutions are copied in SCN again and again, because obviously nobody cares to test them before proposing them again.

Best regards, Elmar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elmar,

Excellent post!

A comment about point 1, do you know any business scenario where the delivery will be relevant to only proforma?

I can think of those processes that do not need billing FOC, SDF but for these delivery note printout is sufficient, no need for proforma.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elmar Strallhofer

Has the OP indicated that billing document won't be generated?  Better avoid recording unnecessary comments

0 Kudos

He has not reacted to your reply in any way.

I know that many people asking here simply give up because none takes time to try to read and understand their questions. Instead of actually testing solutions fitting to the actual requirements, something which sounds similar is just copied and pasted. Most of the topic starters are too much newbies and too polite to complain about that.

But back to the topic: if you think your solution actually works, please let me know about the customizing of the item category...

0 Kudos

Actually I'm just working on one. It is a replenishment delivery to a station abroad, which will not be billed, but still needs a proforma for customs.

"Plants abroad" could help, but is too much effort for the requirement.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TW,

Don't you think in case of Free of Charge or Damaged Goods Replacement Deliveries, some companies / countries need to issue Proforma Invoice with Delivery Vehicle so that the Tax Authorities know that the Good Movement is not relevant for taxation.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Thanks for your post!

Please elaborate on

so that the Tax Authorities know that the Good Movement is not relevant for taxation.

How will tax authorities confirm that the movement of goods is not relevant for tax?

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elmar, Jignesh,

I want to bring to attention that the requirement of printout (of bill) and creating a pro forma (a document) in SAP are two different things and should not be mixed. Elmar, in your business need, is a printout (output) needed?

TW

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For example the Proforma Invoice for Samples will clearly mention that the Goods are sent are sample purpose and they have no commercial value.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

TW,

yes, it's the printout which is needed.

If you want to suggest, we could also print something from delivery or STO, then this is probably true. But that would mean we had to adjust existing print forms...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

You are meeting the business need of printout, this can be done without creating a proforma document in SAP. From the delivery note, a proforma can be printed.

Let us take a similar example from standard SD, cash sale, when the CS order is created, a printout which acts as bill. At this stage of the process, billing document is not yet created.

TW

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed, but in the Print out from Delivery the Invoice amount will not be available.

In case of Proforma Invoice, the Net Invoice amount of zero is available along with a note that Goods are of no commercial value.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

From concept point of view, in the printout we can get net value and text, even if we create printout from delivery which acts as a "bill". All the logic can be coded in the smartform (VTFA etc.) and text, depending upon the criteria.

My main intention is to bring to attention of all that we need to understand what business needs and then see if there is any value in creating a proforma SAP document (tradeoff between how much effort to make in the smartform VS create an SAP document and not that much effort in smartform)

TW

0 Kudos

TW,

good point!

I just checked: current lywe use a form based on RVINVOICE01 (SAPScript) for the invoices.

How much effort could it be to adapt the form for deliveries...?

I'm no form developer and feel no urge to become one. 😉

Elmar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

But rather than designing Invoice like looking output from Delivery Type, won't will be better to extend the Invoice Layout to also include the Proforma Invoice printout based on Document Category.

Having said that, I accept your point that the decision is based on Business needs whether creating additional document (Proforma Invoice) or developing Proforma output is better option.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta