cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel expense "back for correction" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we are changing travel Management approval from Portal UWL to NWBC POWL application for approval.

I am missing the Option "send back for correction" beside "approve" and "reject" Buttons in the Standard POWL application.

In the "old" UWL and the Workflows there was the Option "send back for correction" where the Manager sends back the expense Report to the employee.

Why is this Option missing in the new web dynpro abap based application for approval ?

br Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

that's an excellent question.

I've asked myself several times why the workflow has been designed this way. I.e. technically neither "reject" nor "send back for approval" do anything concerning status-transition. They both only send different work item texts/mails (which makes no sense to begin with, because there's no difference for the WDA environment). Maybe it made sense "back then" within ye good ol' SapGui environment.

We're not using the POWL based scenario, but I assume this redundancy simply has been eliminated here (which is good).

Upon looking at the feeder class, it seems to match my assumption: CL_FITV_POWL_TRIPS_TOBEAPPROVE->IF_POWL_FEEDER~HANDLE_ACTION.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. We still use the "old" UWL but I've done some customization and enhancements so we only have an "approve" and a (real) "reject" button.