cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Alert Setup - Activation of SDCCN (error during the SDCC_OSS creation)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to setup the EarlyWatch Alert of our SAP landscape.

I´m following some SAP notes, as such:

91488 (SAP Support Services - Central preparatory note)

207223 - SAP EarlyWatch Alert processed at SAP

812386 - RFC connection to the SAPNet R/3 front end

763561 - Service Data Control Center (SDCCN) - FAQ

Unfortunately I´m facing an error during this setup.

In our ERP system, I go to SDCCN transaction and when I try to create the RFC connection SDCC_OSS in menu Goto -> Settings -> Task specific (in way to press the RFC Destinations) the system show me the following errors:

No customizing items available

Error occured during tree creation

This is mandatory because for the EWAlert configuration I will need the SDCC_OSS in SM59 transaction!

This very weird error because I already done the activation of task processor job (/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR) in menu Goto -> Settings -> Task Processor as you see in the following image:

And then I performed the activation of SDCCN activation in menu Utilities --> Activation. When I press again this option the system show me the following message:

Service Data Control Center is already active

So I believe the SDCCN is activated, but why it doesn´t allow me to create the SDCC_OSS RFC connection through the Goto -> Settings -> Task specific !??

I don´t understand!

Can you help me please to solve this problem?

Best regards,

JD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimas,

1st deactivate SDCCN - and activate again.

Do you have a solution manager system in your landscape ?

If NO, then please install it.

If YES, then connect your SAP systems(managed system) to Solution Manager.

Put them in solution and complete managed system configuration for each system.

Refer - Solman SP 8 or below

1907383 - How to setup and troubleshoot EarlyWatch Alert reports in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

1924199 - EarlyWatch Alert Management SP10+

For rest, you have reply from Matt..

Regards,

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Yes... off course I have a solution manager installed... and I also have a solution for all the SAP systems in our SAP landscape. I have the Maintenance Optimizer service set (I already done some support packages updates in our SAP systems).

Thank you,

JD

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JD,

In general, EarlyWatch Alerts are now processed in your own Solution Manager system, not directly at SAP, and the Managed System Configuration in SolMan should set up the necessary SDCCN settings automatically in the satellite system.

However, aside from that, the setup of the RFC destinations that SDCCN uses is dependent upon the correct setup of the destination SAPOSS, as described in Note 766505 (OSS1: Changes to RFC connection SAPOSS). One of the Notes you referenced, 812386, makes a reference to this being the case.

So, to proceed from here if the settings are incorrect, go into SM59 and delete the following RFC destinations, if they exist:

• SAPOSS
  • SAPNET_RFC
  • SAPNET_RTCC
  • SDCC_OSS

Then go into transaction OSS1 and choose Parameter -> Technical Settings -> Change. Make sure the settings are correct for your location, i.e. the Name, IP Address, and Instance No. of your local SAProuter are filled in, and for the SAProuter at SAP and SAPNet Message Server you have the right settings. Those latter two are probably pre-filled. If not, it depends on how you connect for your Remote Support connection. If you use a private VPN over the Internet, and you're in North America, then they might be something like this:

• SAProuter at SAP
    • Name: sapserv1
    • IP Address: 194.117.106.129
    • Instance no.: 99
  • SAPNet Message Server
    • Name: oss001
    • DB Name: O01
    • Instance no.: 01

If those are all correct, save. Even if you didn't change anything, go into Change mode and then Save. This will recreate the SAPOSS RFC destination automatically with the correct settings. Have a look at Note 2000132 (Configuring RFC connections to the SAPNet R/3 front end (OSS) correctly) as well for more detail about the currently correct way to configure this.

Once you have SAPOSS setup (and the SM59 connection test works), go into transaction ST13, choose tool RTCCTOOL, and execute. If the tool comes back with red or yellow lights, follow the linked instructions and Notes to clean them up. However, running this tool should create RFC destination SAPNET_RTCC.

Now you can go into SDCCN, which should automatically recreate the remaining RFC destination when you first start it, since the destination doesn't yet exist.

Now, in SDCCN, if there are any tasks listed in To do, delete them. Go into Utilities -> Maintain Service Definitions. You should only have to do this once. Then, Goto -> Settings -> Task-specific. Go into RFC Destinations -> Settings and you should see your SDCC_OSS setup in there. It should have active and to SAP both checked. Select it and click the Test RFC Destination button in the lower right of the dialog box.

If all of that is good, go back to the main SDCCN screen and Utilities -> Activate and see what happens. If it still tells you it's already active, then you might try going into Goto -> Settings -> Task processor and deactivating the scheduled job from there, then try again.

After all that, Note 763561 that you referenced has some troubleshooting information.

Again, though, the recommended path is to do all this with Solution Manager.

Cheers,

Matt

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your answer.

I will try to explain you the problem that I´m facing... and also answer your questions and advises that you wrote.

First of all... I can´t and I don´t want to delete the RFC connections that you mentioned because we need that for some tasks, for example, to apply some SAP notes using the SNOTE transaction we need the SAPOSS connection, so it´s not recommended to do that!

All of that RFC connections are working... I can perform the connection and authentication tests without errors!

The RFC connections that I see in my case is the following ones

• SAPNET_RTCC
  • SAPOSS

and also others like:

In tool RTCCTOOL I just see the following warning related with EWAlert configuration:

Details:

Now, in SDCCN, if there are any tasks listed in To do, delete them. Go into Utilities -> Maintain Service Definitions. You should only have to do this once. Then, Goto -> Settings -> Task-specific. Go into RFC Destinations -> Settings and you should see your SDCC_OSS setup in there. It should have active and to SAP both checked. Select it and click the Test RFC Destination button in the lower right of the dialog box.

In SDCCN (in satellite system - SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7) I don´t see any task in To do tab:

In Task log tab I see the following messages:

When I go into Utilities -> Maintain Service Definitions it show me the following messages:

So... I don´t know how to put this working

Can you tell me please... any tips?

Thank you,

JD

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no harm in deleting the RFC destinations, as the actions I described would automatically recreate them with correct settings. However, if they're all working, that's fine, you don't need to do this.

If all of that is good, go back to the main SDCCN screen and Utilities -> Activate and see what happens. If it still tells you it's already active, then you might try going into Goto -> Settings -> Task processor and deactivating the scheduled job from there, then try again.

This part describes how to deactivate SDCCN so you can try activating it again.

However, the bottom line is that if you have Solution Manager, which you do, EWA is now controlled from that anyway. If your system is setup correctly in Managed Systems Configuration with all the lights green, then you can proceed to the EarlyWatch Alert service and configure that from within SolMan.